• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Biology paper 22 May 13th 2013

How did it go?

• It was easy.

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • It was OK.

Votes: 45 54.2%
  • It was BAD.

Votes: 17 20.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
How was the Bio paper 22? Rather lengthy, wasn't it?
NOTA BENE: NO DISCUSSION OF QUESTIONS OR TOPICS OF QUESTIONS UNTIL AFTER 24 HOURS.

Reaction score
What do you think the gt would be? i am thinking maybe around 37 +/- 2
Yeah, I think the GT will be low. Not because it was difficult (it wasn't really) but because it was so darn long.

Reaction score
I found it easy.
Not too easy, but not average either :p
Typical biology paper.
I disagree it wasn't a typical bio paper, this paper seemed to have come out of blue. Most people from my center didn't see it coming!

Reaction score
Yeah, I think the GT will be low. Not because it was difficult (it wasn't really) but because it was so darn long.
I completed it 5 minutes before end time :p
i found some questions fairly difficult to understand, on some places i wasn't sure what to write and what not to so I wrote alot, i just hope they dont cut my marks for writing extra :confused:

Reactions: Moi
Reaction score
i found some questions fairly difficult to understand, on some places i wasn't sure what to write and what not to so I wrote alot, i just hope they dont cut my marks for writing extra :confused:
Yeah, there's always questions like that in Bio, where you have to write more because you don't know what they really want. And I don't think marks are cut for writing extra things - unless there's wrong information, of course.

Reaction score
Yeah, there's always questions like that in Bio, where you have to write more because you don't know what they really want. And I don't think marks are cut for writing extra things - unless there's wrong information, of course.
Good.. whatever i wrote was either from endorsed book or marking schemes nothing was production of my mind :D

Reaction score
Normal paper
Very genral just a little course knowlege
Alhumdullilah it went well pray that i get a
Well the structures were confusing and ffinished it in time. Ut with aalot of self made up points acording to the paper !!!
Physics was worse for me
I gope threshold to be below 42 INSHA'ALLAH

Reaction score
My exam went horrible.. just feel sad.. I made SO many mistakes.. what gt are you all expecting? :'(

Reaction score
I completed it exactly on time :D
It was like any other bio paper AFAIC. Some questions were meh, but apart from that it should be okay. I'd be concerned about my handwriting, though. If the examiners don't know my handwriting...I'm screwed :eek:

Moi

Reaction score

same here...it wasnt as long as i thought it would be, had time to revise and discover silly mistakes hahaa...but the question definitly came out of the blue, didnt expect such...and not many lessons were used...the questions that requieed thinking i hated them...last page was the easiest am i not right?

Moi

Reaction score
Will they cut marks if we write too much extra info.., pls i need correct answer or I'll DIE!!!!
I don't think they will hpfully not because I wrote long ans too.

am not 100% sure but i do remember my teacher saying if you wright too much info and contains wrong info they might cut marks. i hope am wrong coz i wrote sooo much. i wasnt sure what some questions wanted so i wrote everything that would come up to my mind!.

Reaction score
same here...it wasnt as long as i thought it would be, had time to revise and discover silly mistakes hahaa...but the question definitly came out of the blue, didnt expect such...and not many lessons were used...the questions that requieed thinking i hated them...last page was the easiest am i not right?

Yes, last question was the easiest. I liked first question too. I'm sad because I made horrible mistakes in some parts of 2 or three questions.. what gt are you expecting? I'm taking composite.. panicking at the moment.

Moi

Reaction score
Yes, last question was the easiest. I liked first question too. I'm sad because I made horrible mistakes in some parts of 2 or three questions.. what gt are you expecting? I'm taking composite.. panicking at the moment.
yes i did silly mistakes all over the place..i made up alot of stuff in the paper...for the GT...i'd say 40 for A but hoping its in 30s....i want A very badly!

what is composite????

Reaction score
yes i did silly mistakes all over the place..i made up alot of stuff in the paper...for the GT...i'd say 40 for A but hoping its in 30s....i want A very badly!

what is composite????

I'm taking AS bio and A2 bio together.. I want an A too but I think I screwed up in this paper.. :( in most of the parts, I didn't know what to write so I wrote so long answers.. :'(