• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Biology Paper 31- Advanced Practical Skills

Reaction score
Can any one help me out on how do i prepare for the bio practical exam which happens to be on the 8th of MAY!!!!

how do i prepare for the practical exam in order to score atleast 80% in the practical paper

please do help me out!!!

(im form BAHRAIN !!! )

Reaction score
if you go to skool, practice there for setting up microscope slides and a few easy questions about concentrations etc.
read as many pastpapers along with their mark schemes as you can, you'll get to know the general way to attempt your paper, like where ever colours are involved, usually the suggestion of using a colorimeter scores you a mark., and methods of controlling temperature are mostly same.
also, draw alot of plan diagrams to get yourself familiar with the techniques, and get you work checked.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

May be this'll help. It contains all the points classified under [Practical Assessment] in the syllabus.

Attachments

• Practical Topics to be covered!.docx
    122.3 KB · Views: 290
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

May be this'll help. It contains all the points classified under [Practical Assessment] in the syllabus.

the file is not bad but hw do i prepare for the diagrams and how do i do the diameter measurement and other calculations!!!!!

i am in gr8 trouble only 3 days left for my exam to strt

will it be a good idea to actually practise the past paper in the lab ?????????????????????????

:eek: :confused: :oops: :eek: :confused: :oops: :eek: :confused: :oops: :eek: :confused: :oops: :eek: :confused: :oops: :eek: :confused: :oops: :eek: :confused: :oops: :eek: :confused: :oops: :eek: :confused: :oops: :eek: :confused: :oops: :eek: :confused: :oops:

Reaction score
first of all take it easy. tension won't make any difference at all ok! act like a grown up. relax and think how to extract maximum out of possible time.
i will recommend you to read the practical tips in the cambridge revision guide. then see two or three past papers. open ur bio Cambridge endorsed book and see the diagrams. you should know how to draw a low power plan diagram in which you only represent tissues and outlines, then a high power diagram in which you can draw cells. in some questions it will be writen to annotate diagram that means just enlarge it and draw, you should know how to use eye piece graticule that's written revision guide cell chapter........now come up with some past paper questions rather then expressing your tension and nervousness.

Reaction score
perform all the past papers from 2007-09.......carefully look at the marking schemes :p

Reaction score
Can any1 tell me the easiest practical question like from 2007 - 2011 past papers which part of the question tends to be the more scoring and the easier to answer!!!!!

:eek: :confused: :oops: :eek: :confused: :oops: :eek: :confused: :oops: :eek: :confused: :oops: :eek: :confused: :oops: :eek: :confused: :oops: :eek: :confused: :oops: :eek: :confused: :oops: :eek: :confused: :oops: :eek: :confused: :oops: :eek: :confused: :oops:

Reaction score
guysssssssssss i hate our bio teacher she is the worsti am stuck on serial dilution :mad: ughughhhhhhh