• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Biology Pp.3 (Doupts, Help, Tips ect.)

Moi

Reaction score
Assalamu Alaikom
Hey Guys! So i believe biology practical is on tuesday. Figuered we can ask each other for help and tips ect. on this thread. If anyone can sammurize what we need to know/study for paper 3, that would be amazing!

Moi

Reaction score
there is already a thread for that please see carefully :)
The othr threads are discussing whats coming in the papers and for specific variants...this thread is for general discussion of tips and things we need to know/study for practicals!

Moi

Reaction score
can anyone tell me how to do uncertainties in bio with example please?

Reaction score
can anyone tell me how to do uncertainties in bio with example please?
For bio when they tell you to calculate the error you should take the smallest scale reading on the apparatus and divide it by two to get the error in the apparatus

Reactions: Moi

Moi

Reaction score
For bio when they tell you to calculate the error you should take the smallest scale reading on the apparatus and divide it by two to get the error in the apparatus
what do you mean by smallest scale reading? example? weirdly..i've never done a question for this before!

Reaction score
How do we do a serial dilution. w12 q31 plz explain???
take eg 5 cm3 of known concenteration eg 10% of the solution needed to be diluted and add equal volume of distilled water (5cm3) thus you have reduced the concenteration of the solution to half (5%)
if asked to dilute the solution to one-tenth then take eg 1cm3 of 10% solution and add 9 cm3 distilled water hence the formed solution has a concenteration of 1%

Reaction score
take eg 5 cm3 of known concenteration eg 10% of the solution needed to be diluted and add equal volume of distilled water (5cm3) thus you have reduced the concenteration of the solution to half (5%)
if asked to dilute the solution to one-tenth then take eg 1cm3 of 10% solution and add 9 cm3 distilled water hence the formed solution has a concenteration of 1%
can you reply with reference to the question w12 qp 31