• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Chem help needed ASAP

Reaction score
1) What is meant by "rigid bond"?
2) What is Thomson's plum pudding model?
3) Is it essential to memorize the graphs that show periodic trends in ionisation energy?
4) How could electrons behave as waves?

Thanx in advance :) :)

Reaction score
from where did u get thses questions
i mean if u tell me which book u have i could read what u dont know and help u
i will post aswers 4 u soon insaallah ....

Reaction score
ok i alsostudyfromthatbook tell me
do u mean by rigid bond that sigmabond which page did u find it ??
2-for thomboson model he isascientist who had firstlythought that the atomsis a positve charged paticlewith electrons inside it (so here electrons are like plumpudding inacake ;) )
3-i think u shouldunderstand itvv. proberly as i saw they bring questions about it but memorising it i dontthinkso lets see wahtothers would say?
4-will letme try to tellu what i understandand then it is upto u ;)
ithinkthat waves are travelling(Wave-like nature is observed, for example, when a beam of light is passed through parallel slits and creates interference patterns) if had an idea about it in physics but notjust a charged particle stuck in a place soif think about electrons are like waves then u have to know ti going to move around the nucleus but in which direction / in which place? thus scientists found that there are places in which electons are most likey to be which are electron clouds and to represent that weuse electron desity maps(letssearch about it more)

oh ya did u finish ur practicals? plzifu have ur practical notes plz plz trytoposti didnot study practicals yet :cry: and exms are near lets cooperate here with chemistry
thnx

Reaction score
no it was stated in one of the definitions in the active book.. the definition of geometric isomerism to be precise..
nope i havent even started studying the practicles yet as im still strugling with unit 1 as u may have noticed and unfortunately i dont have any external notes.. i thought the book would be enough, or isnt it?? :S
what other subjects r u studying btw??