• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Chemistry P1 MCQs Preparation JUNE 2013

Reaction score
Can u please solve PAPER 1 MCQ FOR THE EXAM JUNE 2013

Attachments

• Untitled hela.png
    Untitled hela.png
    170.8 KB · Views: 44
Reaction score
hmmm.. It's a chemistry discussion right? But I am now looking at your physics past paper post.
Hahahah It's okay. I will try my best to help out anyway:)

Q.11. Principle of linear momentum stated that the momentum before collision must be equal to the momentum after collision providing no external force is acting on the system which simply means the linear momentum must be conserved. First of all, you have to calculate the momentum before collision(given in the diagram) by using the formula p = m1u1 + m2u2 (*Note: The balls are travelling in the opposite direction so your velocity for one of the ball must be negative. This is up to you whether you want to take which direction as positive and which direction as negative.) So from what I have calculated, my momentum before collision is mu. Now we have to find the momentum after collision. This was based on my calculations:

a.) p=-2m(-u/3) + m(5u/3)
therefore p=mu

b.) p=2m(-u/6) + m(2u/3)
therefore p=mu/3

c.) p=2m(u/6) + m(2u/3)
therefore p=mu

d.) p=(m+2m)(u/3)
therefore p=mu
Since the question is asking which is not consistent with the principle of conservation of momentum, so your answer will clearly be B.
Hopefully it helps~:)