• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS LEVEL BIOLOGY... discuss here AS students only :)

Moi

Reaction score
But they both go hand in hand with each other, when you look at the mark scheme answers they're so simple, they're not testing our ability to write they're testing our ability to filter what we studied and give the answer specific to what they want!
wont argue with that..very true! its justbthat i feel. if i dontbunderstand whats going on or how it happens i wont be able to memorize or connect the different facts and knowledg to give me the answer am looking for. thus i have understanding as a priority vs memorizing...but again everyone have diff. techniques.. :)

Reaction score
Variant 23 was horrible. Hopefully GT is low. :(
I'm sure you'll do fine. Since it was a hard paper, GT will be low right ^_^ See the bright side - You're done with P2 bio, so now you can focus on other things

Reaction score
I've just taken my paper 2 exam. !!! it was very hard, but not for me :) may/june 2013 22. I think i got at least 40 from 60.

Reaction score
plz people dont discuss the questions because ther are some losers who want the questions of the paper
remember this is cheating and such a losers will higher the gt :)

Reaction score
Paper was def. easier than my mock ! It was good but some questions that needed quiet good amout of thinking were hard. i finished on time and had time to revise (thank God coz i discovered a very silly mistake). The last page is the easiest but please dont ask i wont give any info till after 24 hours. i might end up with low A or B...am proud specially that studing wasbt very friendly...
i made a stupid mistake i had my doubt I was wrong but didnt listen to myself and did part(i) of last qstn wrong and it was the easiest qstn of the WHOLE paper! :oops:
but i should forget this now and come back harder with the mcqs and practical I need 36,37 in mcqs and practicals respectively :cautious:

Reactions: Moi
Reaction score
hello everyone

Sorry if this is the wrong thread.
But i have a really big problem here and would be grateful if anyone could give me some advise.
Basically i started my a-level at age 17 then after a year i changed my subjects. Now i am about to finish my as levels (18)
But my head of year says that i cant do a2 because i will be 19 then- too old for school. Now many other kids have finished at 19 so i don't understand why i am not allowed to continue. if they knew i couldn't do my a2 why did they let me study another year right.

Guys what can i do (i am literately crying right now because i really want to finish my a levels)

sorry for the confusing question i guess.
*my birth day in in June
also i will finish a2 before i turn 20 which is considered too old for school.
i mean even on the bursary form it says for students from age 16-19

plz reply, i have to see my head of year tomorrow about this

Reaction score
hello everyone

Sorry if this is the wrong thread.
But i have a really big problem here and would be grateful if anyone could give me some advise.
Basically i started my a-level at age 17 then after a year i changed my subjects. Now i am about to finish my as levels (18)
But my head of year says that i cant do a2 because i will be 19 then- too old for school. Now many other kids have finished at 19 so i don't understand why i am not allowed to continue. if they knew i couldn't do my a2 why did they let me study another year right.

Guys what can i do (i am literately crying right now because i really want to finish my a levels)

sorry for the confusing question i guess.
*my birth day in in June
also i will finish a2 before i turn 20 which is considered too old for school.
i mean even on the bursary form it says for students from age 16-19

plz reply, i have to see my head of year tomorrow about this
Dude that's somethn new I've come across. As far as I know age doesn't count that much that u can't do A2. I know people who have done their alevels at 19 n 20 plus there is no such thing as old for school! U can definitely do it n if someone misguides u, go to the British council n there they will give u proper information n counseling . Hope it helped ;)

Reaction score
Dude that's somethn new I've come across. As far as I know age doesn't count that much that u can't do A2. I know people who have done their alevels at 19 n 20 plus there is no such thing as old for school! U can definitely do it n if someone misguides u, go to the British council n there they will give u proper information n counseling . Hope it helped ;)

I know, but i really need to know if I can stay on for a2 even if i am 19. Or is it the case that the school can decide even if i can stay legally? as it states in our city council website

Reaction score
I know, but i really need to know if I can stay on for a2 even if i am 19. Or is it the case that the school can decide even if i can stay legally? as it states in our city council website
One of my friends is 20 and she's finishing her A2 in this session. If the school won't accept you as a student, then enter as a private candidant and take tutitions

Reaction score
One of my friends is 20 and she's finishing her A2 in this session. If the school won't accept you as a student, then enter as a private candidant and take tutitions

Thanks for your reply.
Did she go to a college or a sixth form?