• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS PHY PRACTICAL 33

Reaction score
You guys, how do you justify the number of significant figures used? I don't know if this question has already been asked in this thread, but please answer or direct me to it :) Thanks

Reaction score
You guys, how do you justify the number of significant figures used? I don't know if this question has already been asked in this thread, but please answer or direct me to it :) Thanks
lets just assume you have got ur previous answers in 2 s.f, you have to get that particular answer in 2 s.f too and say since all values are in 2 s.f, this is 2 s.f too

Reaction score
calculated value is a measurement. so you multiply .005 by 2 to get .01

Can you please explain further what you mean, I don't quite get it. 'Calculated value is a measurement', I guess you mean that if two values are taken and added or subtracted then we add the uncertainties together (and since taken from same instrument it's same was x2)

Reaction score
Electricity question is the 1st one or the second one and it is confirmed that we are getting a circuit to step up. Our school 's lab attendant clearly told us today.

Reaction score
wht i know is tht we have some balls in the experiment and i think we have to roll it down the marble.

omg!! we got the marble thing for our second term exam! if its the same thing tomorrow am i lucky or what? :D inshallah hope for the best,and may things be easy for us all no matter what sort of a practical we get..

Reaction score
Guys few Of my Doubts...

How To connect Rheostat. Do we have to change the Current or Voltage??
Any Genius Can provide us with Limitation and Improvements Of Q2

Reaction score
I think it depends on the accuracy of the instrument used to measure. like if it measures upto 1 dp, then record upto one dp. An exception is the stop watch, stop watch ki saari readings must be recorded upto 1 dp.
to how many decimal places do we write the raw data of time? 1 or 2?

Reaction score
Guys few Of my Doubts...

How To connect Rheostat. Do we have to change the Current or Voltage??
Any Genius Can provide us with Limitation and Improvements Of Q2
1.two results not enough- take more readings and plot a graph
2.difficult to stop stopwatch at correct moment- use video of marble and clock
3.small difference between h1 and h2- use longer wooden track or whatever they give
4.difficult to release marble without applying a force- use electromagnet with steel ball

Reaction score
can someone tell me the distances i can keep in the table of question 1 (c) in paper 34 o/n 2012

Reaction score
dude...the s.f values should b consisitant wid the raw data givn....:)
Read the question bro, there is no RAW data given, we have calculated a height, and then calculated another height and a distance (all in cm im guessing) And then they are asking to find sin thetha using a formula, and then they are asking what the s.f of this value will be and why.. ANY help please

Reaction score
Electricity question is the 1st one or the second one and it is confirmed that we are getting a circuit to step up. Our school 's lab attendant clearly told us today.
Can you please hint what kind of a circuit
i mean instruments used or the formula or anything like that

Reaction score
Ok guys here's what i got .....
1.5 volt cell
switch
meter rule
ammeter
110 cm wire on a meter rule
20 cm wire on card sample
reheostat
8 connecring leads
micrometer screwguage

and 2nd one
2 stands with boss clamps
1 glass ball, 0r you can call it a marble ..or some people call it a Banta ...:p
patri dish
stopwatch
runway
2 wooden blocks with splints ..

and most probably it would be same like physics p34 oct/nov 2012.......

i can't confirm about the experiments ...but hopefully this is coming ...!!!...

Reaction score
Read the question bro, there is no RAW data given, we have calculated a height, and then calculated another height and a distance (all in cm im guessing) And then they are asking to find sin thetha using a formula, and then they are asking what the s.f of this value will be and why.. ANY help please
its like this. you give your previous answers (for the other questions) in 3 s.f alright? so for the question they ask whats the s.f for this value, you put 3 s.f too and say, because you found the others in 3 s.f, you have this in 3 s.f as well.got dat?

Reaction score
the marble will hit the wooden block ......it will be released from a given distance ...hopefullt we have to note time to hit the block or time to fall in the petri dish