• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics P1 MCQs Preparation Thread.

Reaction score
And last one

Q To determine the mass of food in a pan, a scale is used that has high sensitivity for small masses
but low sensitivity for large masses.

To do this, two springs are used, each with a different spring constant k. One of the springs has a
low spring constant and the other has a high spring constant.

Which arrangement of springs would be suitable?

spirn.PNG

Reaction score

This question ought to have taken a very brief time to answer correctly. A cannot be correct because the particle is still going in the initial direction. In B it stops and in D it must have undergone an elastic (not an inelastic) collision. C, the correct answer was chosen by only 11% of candidates.

This is from the er...hope it helps :)

Reaction score

This is for the first q...Sry, the answers are in a very messed up fashion...

Since it is vaccum, a= g= 10 ms-2
u=0 a=10 t=0.5T s=?
s= ut+0.5at^2
s= 5/4(T^2)

But dont panic that there is no such option, and tht it doesnt make sense..Since it is in terms of T find s for T as well
s=5T^2

For the whole time it is 5, and for half it is 5/4...so distance is 1/4th the total! Ans: B
Hope that makes sense!! :D

Reaction score
This is for the first q...Sry, the answers are in a very messed up fashion...

Since it is vaccum, a= g= 10 ms-2
u=0 a=10 t=0.5T s=?
s= ut+0.5at^2
s= 5/4(T^2)

But dont panic that there is no such option, and tht it doesnt make sense..Since it is in terms of T find s for T as well
s=5T^2

For the whole time it is 5, and for half it is 5/4...so distance is 1/4th the total! Ans: B
Hope that makes sense!! :D

Hehe, thank you SO much for all your help! Meant a lot :)

Reaction score
No problemss..I just hope u got to see it before the exam :)
How was it anywayss?

Oh yes, it wasnt a problem at all :)
Not that good. I messed up my time management and had to tick off some MCQS without reading.
But idec, seriously. I am just glad its over. How was yours?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nov 15 p13 qn15 urgent help pls
Take O as your pivot. Since the structure is in equilibrium, the anticlockwise moments=clockwise moments.
3(2)+4(0)+4(2sin30)=F(5) -----> 6+4=5F -----> F=2N(B)
The 4N force has not moment because there is no perpendicular distance from it's line of force to the pivot.