• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics P1 MCQs Preparation Thread.

omg

Reaction score
use the equation P=hdg since the liquids are in equilibrium the pressure of air (since it is open) on both of them is equal

so P/hg = d

for P p/2xg
for Q p/xg

now divide P by Q to get 0.5
THANKYOU SO VERY MUCH!!
:D

Reaction score
no idea:(

hey people can someone help with this qn pleeeeeaaaaseee, we have been struggling with it for so long now:(

View attachment 12598

answer is A because,
imagine the wave moving what will be the next position of P after moving for a while? (note that this is a transverse not stationary wave)
the position will be downwards and Q will take P "position" and be stationary

Reaction score
Point Q is momentarily stationary.
between trough and crest, motion of particles is downwards. So Q downwards.

Option A.
ummm i m slightly confused here: u said Q is downwards then u selected option A which says Q is stationary.....pleaaasee elaborate....thanx so much for helping:)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
ummm i m slightly confused here: u said Q is downwards then u selected option A which says Q is stationary.....pleaaasee elaborate....thanx so much for helping:)
Use your common sense, too. I said any particle b/w a trough and crest is downwards.

Reaction score
answer is A because,
imagine the wave moving what will be the next position of P after moving for a while? (note that this is a transverse not stationary wave)
the position will be downwards and Q will take P "position" and be stationary
sorry i still don't get it:( i mean the wave is moving from left to right so how can the next position of P be downwards???:cry:

Reaction score
IVE POSTED THE SAME SHIT, ABOUT 5 TIMES NOW AND YOU WONT ANSWER, SO DONT TELL ME TO ASK NICELY OR SAY THIS OR THAT, CAUSE IT OBVIOUSLY DONT WORK