• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics P1 MCQs Preparation Thread.

Reaction score
hi guys i have done many past papers. so many times i have seen question about bright fringes,dark fringes maximas or minimas
Can anyone explain me fully that how to find maximas minimas or greatest no of maximas in diffraction grating and one thing more no of lines per mm is D or 1/N ??? in this case wavelength and no of lines per mm is given
i think this type of question also came in oct /nov 2012 variant 12 que 30 plzz try it

Reaction score
I put in numbers for this. Say V = 6 V and the resistance of each resistor = 2 ohms. The PD across the combination QR = 1/3 x 6 = 2 V. The Power through resistor R = (2^2)/2=2.

how can you put some values and *say* V=6V or Resistor = 2ohms? o_O these values are not given bro.

Reaction score
plx ans tha following 9702/11/O/N/10...... Q9 7 18 & 37

Please also give link next time :)

Q.9
Let deceleration = 2ms-²
Initial velocity = 10ms-¹

Use v = u + 2as

Final velocity zero since it comes to rest
0² = (10)² + 2(-2)(X)
X= 25m

Now 20% increase in speed makes it 12 ms-¹

So
0² = (12)² + 2(-2)(X)
X = 36m

36 / 25 = 1.44
So 1.44X

Q.7

Since it is a tall building gravity would make the ball fall vertically and the horizontal velocity of the body would become zero after some time
Since it is falling under the presence of air resistance the ball would initially accelerate at 9.81ms-² But acceleration would become zero after some time.So vertical velocity would first increase and then become constant.

Q.37

Simply use potential divider

When at X
V = (10 + 10 / 20) x 4
V = 4v

When at Y
V = (10 + 0 / 10 ) x 4
V = 4v

So 4 for each

Reaction score
Is voltage a vector or scalar quantity?
Answer:
In DC(direct current) circuits, voltage is scalar. But in the case of alternating-current(AC) voltage is vector quantity. It is because in an AC circuit the current is changing the direction for every time period. Therefore, since in this the direction matters its a vector quantity.
Regards.

#==>Why isnt it the same for current that current is vector in Ac but scalar in DC