• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

As physics p1 MCQS YEARLY ONLY.

Reaction score
having problem with mcq no 10 oct/nov 2008.im not getting that howz D the right answer.Need some explanation .
would really appreciate some help . :)
would someone please kindly bother to answer

Reaction score
nov_10_13: 2 cant help u in this question u r suppose to noe dem by heart

12)there is a formula force=momentum/time so gradient=y/x so answer is A

14)so imagine wat force is acting on P and in which direction the same with Q and W the weight always acts downwards now for O the force of the wall is acting on it so arrow points left and on Q force of ground acts on it so arrow points upwards

25)they are inversely proportional because as delta increases l increases
can u explain q.21, paper nov 11_12
mark scheme says answer is A but i think the answer is C..
A is wrong coz they say the extension of Q is twice of P...but i dont think thats true...pls just check it out
thanks!

Reaction score
A is wrong coz they say the extension of Q is twice of P...but i dont think thats true...pls just check it out
thanks!
u first find k the constant so extension for 5N = 14-11=3cm
no find k , F=k x e so k=5/3
no find extension for new force 7N add in k and F =7 in equation and wallah!! u get d answer :)

Reaction score
u first find k the constant so extension for 5N = 14-11=3cm
no find k , F=k x e so k=5/3
no find extension for new force 7N add in k and F =7 in equation and wallah!! u get d answer :)
hmm u explained question no.22 but i asked for question no. 21

Reaction score
Can someone explain the relation with intensity, amplitude and frequency plsssssss

Reaction score
thanks!
dude da answer is C so u r rite???

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb…
I had been a bit busy with some other things, and managed to do only 15 questions of June 2010 variant 2 [all variants are same, order of the question differs only]. Now looking at the time, I feel bad. Is there anyone who needs it? If anyone wants, I’d continue doing the rest of the paper. If everyone’s gone already, there won’t be any use of me doing it. :( really sorry….I couldn’t do it. :(

Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb…
I had been a bit busy with some other things, and managed to do only 15 questions of June 2010 variant 2 [all variants are same, order of the question differs only]. Now looking at the time, I feel bad. Is there anyone who needs it? If anyone wants, I’d continue doing the rest of the paper. If everyone’s gone already, there won’t be any use of me doing it. :( really sorry….I couldn’t do it. :(
please do post it if itz convenient for you right now...it will be very kind of you :)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
June 2010 Second Variant [All variants are the same, only the order of the questions differ.]

1. B
From diagram 1…it is 2.5 on the main scale….and 0.09 on the other one….so the overall reading is 2.59
Diagram 2 shows the zero error which is +0.14.
Hence our actual reading will be 2.59 – 0.14 = 2.45mm

2. D
E = W/Q express W/Q in base units..and simplify..

3. B
Density = mass / volume
Mass = m2 – m1 = 70 – 20 = 50
So error in mass is 1 + 1 = 2g
Add the fractional uncertainties…to find the ‘fractional’ uncertainty in density
2/50 + 0.6/10 = 0.1
So uncertainty in density is 0.1 x 5.0 = 0.5

4. A
Area in the graph is the product quantity on y axis and that on the x axis…[depends on the shape of the graph…may be the product of that multiplied by half, etc.]
In this case, it’ll be power x time, which is energy. Hence answer is A.

5. B
One complete wave is roughly 0.7 cm….that is equal to 7 ms [question states it’s 10ms per cm]. This is equal to 0.007 s .
f=1/t = 1/ 0.007 = 140 Hz [to 2s.f.]

6. C
If you try to imagine, it’s like when we increase the angle, Y will increase and X will decrease.
Mathematically speaking, X is Vcos(angle) and Y is Vsin(angle). As the theta increases, the value if sin theta increases. The opposite happens in the case of cos. Hence….Vcos theta would decrease as the angle will increase…and similarly Vsin theta will increase…so the option is C.

7. A
Pressure x volume is the formula for work done. Hence ans. is A.

8. B
Gradient of the graph gives velocity. v = u + at ; u = 0 and a is constant and negative (g), so v increases with t, and is negative…
The only graph whose gradient shows this is B. The tangents drawn, will be more steeper….and the gradient is negative in B. A has constant gradient, so that’s wrong. C has negative gradient BUT it decreases with time. D has increasing gradient, but it’s positive.

9. C
Draw a tangent at t=3 and find the gradient.

10. D
The collision is elastic. This is the usual case that happens.

11. A
Apply the momentum conservation principle..
momentum before collision = momentum after collision
60m + (-40)m = (m + m) v
^simplify…v = 20/2 = 10

12. A
3 forces, if form a closed triangle, resultant will be zero.

13. C
Upthrust, is always cuz of pressure difference.

14. C
Find the resultant force, 10 -4 = 6
6=ma
m = 2
a = 6/2 = 3

15. D
D is the right option..Efficiency = useful power/total power…
Power = force x velocity
For constant velocity, we shud have the force mgsina, useful power will be this force..
Total power is the total force x velocity…

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
please do post it if itz convenient for you right now...it will be very kind of you :)
If it takes like another 2 hours or so, will it be ok for you? I'll be glad if it helps you..

Reaction score
No frequency found lower than the 1 of the resonance means, that this is the fundemental harmonic, for tube X, needs a minimum of a quarter wavelength for a resonance, so conider both tubes have a length of 12m for example, so tube X will be 12m, so the stationary wave inside, which is just a quarter wavelength is 12m, so the wavelength will be 12*4 =48m , conisder v (velocity) = 300, so v=f*lamda , 300=f*48, so f=6.25 ...... for tube Y u gotta do the same thing, the minimum wavelength for resonance to occur is half wavelength,, taking the length of the tube as 12, so half wavelength will be 12m, so the wavelength will be 12*2= 24m,, v=f*lamda, 300=f*24, f=12.5,, so the answer will be 2F ;)
Can you tell mw, why you have to half the wavelength of the open ended tube compare with the first close ended tube?