• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics P2 GT?

Reaction score
Ahmed tariq from duelzone?
And the gt can't be below 40. it will be around 45

Yep, got that right. ;)
The paper was lengthy, and lots of people did lots of silly mistakes. And besides, the highest ever Physics 22 GT was 47, and this paper was by far lengthier and trickier. So meh.

Reaction score
Guys, the threshold is always unexpected.
People who do well in their exams do not usually spend most of their times on community discussions, they sit at their study table and just study.
So you are likely to find many people on this site saying their exam was bad, leading you to believe everyone messed up, and make you expect low grade thresholds.
Some people are saying gt might be around 30.
SERIOUSLY?????
That's only for super super super hard papers.
This paper wasn't hard, and the time was sufficient. The numericals were simple, and most questions were about interpretation, it was a fairly non-technical. There was even one question which asked you to prove the velocity was some value given!!! That's like spoonfeeding you marks!!
The paper wasn't long, you were slow.
So don't think about this paper or discuss its thresholds if you spoiled it, leave everything to fate. What's done is done, nothing is in your hands, and nobody can predict grade thresholds.
You are like a group of 100 people or so, and most likely, you spoiled your exams and are looking for messages that predict low grade thresholds to convice yourself you are gonna get an A.

Reaction score
People who do well in their exams do not usually spend most of their times on community discussions, they sit at their study table and just study.
So you are likely to find many people on this site saying their exam was bad, leading you to believe everyone messed up, and make you expect low grade thresholds.
SERIOUSLY?????
This paper wasn't hard, and the time was sufficient. The numericals were simple, and most questions were about interpretation, it was a fairly non-technical. There was even one question which asked you to prove the velocity was some value given!!! That's like spoonfeeding you marks!!
So don't think about this paper or discuss its thresholds if you spoiled it, leave everything to fate. What's done is done, nothing is in your hands, and nobody can predict grade thresholds.
You are like a group of 100 people or so, and most likely, you spoiled your exams and are looking for messages that predict low grade thresholds to convice yourself you are gonna get an A.

60 minutes for 60 marks, most of which were 'interpretation' in your words, and you say it wasn't long?
You gotta be somehow related to Superman.

Reaction score
Well, It IS possible to tackle the entire paper in 60 minutes, it's just that it takes a while to focus on each question individually and then solve it completely. However for me it was like a pressure test and not an exam, I had to hurry up with the questions knowing I had less than an hour and this resulted in me screwing up certain question parts, failing to double check some of my answers and making silly mistakes. I couldn't even properly solve the damn last part in the waves part when all that was required was plugging in some value into an equation. But whatever, there are really smart people out there who can easily cake the paper within an hour, I guess they are the ones that truly deserve an A.

Reaction score
60 minutes for 60 marks, most of which were 'interpretation' in your words, and you say it wasn't long?
You gotta be somehow related to Superman.
You're only saying that 'cause you couldn't finish the paper.
I spent around 15 minutes on the first question in this way:
I find it hard to find out percentages (not that i don't know how, but it takes me longer than most people), and my calculator button for divide and multiply were screwed up.
I got the answer after seven minutes or so due to the above situation.
THEN i looked at the question and one of the values said /10^3 or something so I had to multiply it by 10^3 and work out everything again.
AGAIN!!! i looked at the question and saw /10^-4 or something in ANOTHER value.............history repeats itself.
At last, I realized I had forgot to add the uncertainty% 4 times for the value that was powered to 4.
Finally got my answer.
45 minutes left and still six questions or something left!!!!
I finished it ten minutes early...
So I don't think the paper was hard or that the time limit was insufficient like everyone here.
I could have attempted at least 50 marks or so if the time limit had been 30 minutes.
P.S. Flash would probably work better than superman.

Reaction score
How many times did you actually see the GT go as high as 45? P2 thresholds are always around 33-39ish. This year it could go up to 40-41 but not 45.
ya true GT was around 3o for 2010 and 2011. so it will be low dis year too

Reaction score
SERIOUSLY?????
Woo Hoo...dude you said a mouthful!
But seriously: CIE should consider increasing the time limit just a little: it would certainly improve P2 results...

Reaction score
You're only saying that 'cause you couldn't finish the paper.
I spent around 15 minutes on the first question in this way:
I find it hard to find out percentages (not that i don't know how, but it takes me longer than most people), and my calculator button for divide and multiply were screwed up.
I got the answer after seven minutes or so due to the above situation.
THEN i looked at the question and one of the values said /10^3 or something so I had to multiply it by 10^3 and work out everything again.
AGAIN!!! i looked at the question and saw /10^-4 or something in ANOTHER value.............history repeats itself.
At last, I realized I had forgot to add the uncertainty% 4 times for the value that was powered to 4.
Finally got my answer.
45 minutes left and still six questions or something left!!!!
I finished it ten minutes early...
So I don't think the paper was hard or that the time limit was insufficient like everyone here.
I could have attempted at least 50 marks or so if the time limit had been 30 minutes.
P.S. Flash would probably work better than superman.

It's good to see how confident you are of your abilities. And you know, it is always wise to KNOW before you speak. I finished my paper in sufficient time, but seems like most people here and other people I know could not. If geniuses like you were the only ones who appeared in this paper, I say the threshold would be around 55 instead of 35, no? So if you had a good paper, kudos, but do not speak for everybody.
Speak for yourself only.

Reaction score
SERIOUSLY?????
you seem like one of the "smart students". what are you doing writing essays on a community page :p you should be sitting on your desk studying

Reaction score
SERIOUSLY?????
You sir an idiot, just cuz u dont study doesnt mean we dont:cool: