• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ATP : CHEM , BIO , PHY ( POST YOUR DOUBTS HERE )

Reaction score
and we only have to draw the middle part, and the small thingy inside it. the outer layer is just the fruit.

Reaction score
Oh btw, can someone explain me the answers to Q.2 of Oct/Nov 2008 5090/06? I am quite confused about the first part :confused:

Reaction score
heyy guys help me out with this question please... :

A test has yeast in it and is connected to another test tube which contained hydrogen carbonate indicator. after some time the indicator turned .... ??

Hydrogen Carbonate indicator is:
red --> neutral sol.
pruple --> alkaline sol.
yellow --> acidic sol.

Reaction score
heyy guys help me out with this question please... :

A test has yeast in it and is connected to another test tube which contained hydrogen carbonate indicator. after some time the indicator turned .... ??

Hydrogen Carbonate indicator is:
red --> neutral sol.
pruple --> alkaline sol.
yellow --> acidic sol.
Which past paper ?

Reaction score
Oh btw, can someone explain me the answers to Q.2 of Oct/Nov 2009 5090/06? I am quite confused about the first part :confused:
it's about wht steps or observations are seen in each food test. if a step or an observation is a part of the test you(tick) it and if not then u (x) it.
e.g.heating is required for reduicing sugars so you (tick) it but not for proteins or fats or starch so you cross them.

i hope i helped ^_^

Reaction score
uhh.... i'm not sure!! :p its just a question i had written a while ago on my notebook but didn't remember to ask. now i came across it so i asked.
The indicator would turn yellow because yeast will respire anaerobically producing carbondioxide gas which is acidic in nature :p

Reaction score
radicle is the root, and first the root starts to develop. the plumule grows afterwards. so radicle on left and plumule on right!
don't say left or right... it canges when the seed in inverted laterally. u can say that radicle is on the outside and plumule on the inside. like radicle is kinda touching the testa while the plumule is on the other side of the radicle.... or sumfin like that.

Reaction score
The indicator would turn yellow because yeast will respire anaerobically producing carbondioxide gas which is acidic in nature :p
thnkuu so much. i was thinking about that answer but i just wanted to make sure!! :)

Reaction score
Just do past papers ..they will give u theconcept of atp .most importantly
And do magnification and sketch sme graphs
Apart from this learn sme experiments like transpiration effects , photosynthesis etc
Plants chapters are necessary for atp !
And also do locomotion !!
locomotion? wat kind of questions cum from this topic?

Reaction score
how to demonstrate presence of stoma in leaf?
nd how is vitamin C detected ? there is a specific chemical and it was mentioned in a recent exam paper.

Reaction score
how to demonstrate presence of stoma in leaf?
nd how is vitamin C detected ? there is a specific chemical and it was mentioned in a recent exam paper.

for presence of stoma, sandwich a leaf in between cobalt chloride paper, securing it with coverslips tied by rubber bands. the cobalt chloride paper at bottom will turn pink(due to moisture) while the one above will remain blue.

for detection of vitamin C, the question gave all the necessary details of how it is used, and we just had to add our own experimental details. If a new situation is provided, a detailed description will always be given.