• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Attention people!!!!

Reaction score
So what should we do then? I think there is only one way although it will cost much money.......... You ask the cie team to give a copy of your answer sheet and you will see the examiner's comments written on it. Then compare your answers with the mark scheme which is fortunately available in xtreme papers and which neither the cie team nor the examiners really know.......................... But you know why shahroz they don't want our grades to be raised., its because for them rechecking means a failure or loss for them. If there is a great increase in grades after rechecking, so this would give the people bad impact about the CIE and they would obviously move to Edexcel or some other examining bodies........................But what i think is that its cie's fault that they do huge mistakes in our papers. I mean they must very careful and accurate.

Reaction score
I am all for rechecking but some people are telling me not to go for rechecking as rarely anybody's grades increase...................If our grades change in any possible way, the CIE will have to repay the fee. :p

Reaction score
So do you expect that your grades would change to A* or A? Inshallah my grades would change to A from D. I would be lucky if this happens. Shahroz, have you ever heard from someone that a person got D or C in a subject and his marks was raised to A after rechecking?

Reaction score
No, none that I remember of. And I don't know what to expect.........................I mean, I had been banging my head against the Pakistan Studies books and Marking schemes 24 hours a day for 6 months..............and still a B.................

Reaction score
That is what i did. i spent my whole time studying pakistan studies doing past papers and I got a D!! I just I just................I just don't know what to do. I want to strangle those examiners and scold them for doing such a huge mistake in my paper. I would place two options infront of them either to raise my grade or prepare to die!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH I am just joking.

Reaction score
I have a question for you: How would scold them after you've strangled them??? :p :D

Reaction score
How confident are you that you'll get at least a C from D? If you feel that your paper definitely deserves a better grade than D, then go for a recheck because a D is kind of a bad grade. The same thing happened to me with my June 2010 Islamiat paper - I was so sure I would get an A but got a C instead and in a Oct/Nov retake I got an A*. In the retake I was expecting an A or a B because frankly the paper I gave in the wasn't THAT good as compared to the one in June.

First compare your answers to the ones in the marking schemes though. If you feel that most of your answers are correct and to the point, then I suggest you go for a recheck. It is a risky thing though and there's no guarantee that your grade will change.

Reaction score
By the way, I have already checked the mark scheme. And I am not deserving a D grade but an A grade. That is what I am finding confusing. the examiners had definitely done something wrong with my paper.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
shahlakh said:
Yeah but those people told their results. What I think is that since our examiners are pakistanis so they may have lost our papers or it could be possible that I would have got 52 out of 75 in geography and 70 out of 75 in history, but they would have thought 52 out of 100 and 70 out of 100 by mistake. So they would have given me E in geography and C in history. So my total grades become a D!!!! This can be their huge mistake!!!!!!!!
Woa Woa..Have you people gone nuts..
This is impossible!! And who told you Rechecking is risky. Is it risky because one loses money? Or is it risky because there are more chances of getting a lower grade than a higher one?
Listen, "Rechecking Policy is there for some reason! If you really think you deserved a better grade.. ( Mark-Schemes/Examiner Reports are in front of you), then definitely go for rechecking. Why destroy your future just for the sake of a few thousand rupees!
If not this, sit for a "retake" in this May/june session before its too late!
Best of Luck

Reaction score
But nibz do you really think that D to A in pakistan studies is possible? That is why it is too risky.
And yeah about the mark schemes of pakistan studies november 2010, i went through them and i was scoring an A!! That is the point dude! I think i have done much much better paper.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Don't look for possibilities and impossibilities! And there is not any risk. Just go for it. After all, it is a question of a few thousand rupees ..not lacs or millions!!
After all, if nothing much substantial, at least.. you will satisfy yourself by "rechecking" it.
And if your grade still remains at D.. Just re-sit in this May/june session for Pak.St..
Good Luck

Reaction score
You must be right nibz. i must not look for possibilities and impossibilities. Thanks for advice. I should not even expect!