• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

battle of fihl?????

Reaction score
Hey guys could you please give me some information about battle of fihl fought during caliph umer's reign?? :unknown: Its in david thomas book(new edition) but i dont have it. So please help me guys!
Thanx!

Reaction score
The Battle of Fahl or Battle of Pella was a Byzantine-Arab battle fought between the Rashidun army under Khalid ibn al-Walid Saifullah (meaning: The Sword of Allah) and the Roman Empire under Theodore the Sacellarius (Saqalar), in Fahl (ancient Pella along the Jordan Valley of Syria) in January 635 AD (13 AH). The result was a clear victory for Khalid ibn al-Walid.

hope i helped

Reaction score
Thanks for helping Falcon678 but this isn't any major battle so don't worry about learning this one !!

Reaction score
battle of fihl is important guys since its not in previous books we say its not important but it is

OKAY battle of fihl resulted in addition of province jordan to the islamic empire.The site was on the western side of lake Tiberias where water channels seperated muslims from christians who were waiting for re inforcemetns and offered negotiations. hoping muslims would back down.Abu ubaiday send muadh bin jabl l as his emissary.The christians tried to empress the austere muslims with their pomp and ceremony. and also to lure them to riches of persia but muadh was not to be deflected.He offered christians an invitation to islam or else to become dhimmis by paying jizya or else to settle matter through war.These measures being fruitless the romans attacked muslims in small groups.Kahlid saw through the tactic and gradually retreated,drawing the enemy forces further in he then surrounded them and launched a furious attack.The romans suffered heavy casualities and those who survived scattered and fled.Thus jordan was secured and hazrat umer send specific instructions on how to deal with people and their land......

Reaction score
no u dont but just to understand the background of battle because its not included in previous books of islamiat......REMEMBER IN GHULAM SHABIR in NAHAWAND he writes a clever strategy compelled the persians to come into open field.....well that was the same strategy khalid used at fihl and the detail of strategy is seen in my above post about fihl

Reaction score
yeah u maust know abt this strategy as they use it in Nahawand too so guys can u list down the imp battles in no form for Hz. umar and Abu Bakr .. thanks.

Reaction score
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
battle of fihl is important guys since its not in previous books we say its not important but it is

OKAY battle of fihl resulted in addition of province jordan to the islamic empire.The site was on the western side of lake Tiberias where water channels seperated muslims from christians who were waiting for re inforcemetns and offered negotiations. hoping muslims would back down.Abu ubaiday send muadh bin jabl l as his emissary.The christians tried to empress the austere muslims with their pomp and ceremony. and also to lure them to riches of persia but muadh was not to be deflected.He offered christians an invitation to islam or else to become dhimmis by paying jizya or else to settle matter through war.These measures being fruitless the romans attacked muslims in small groups.Kahlid saw through the tactic and gradually retreated,drawing the enemy forces further in he then surrounded them and launched a furious attack.The romans suffered heavy casualities and those who survived scattered and fled.Thus jordan was secured and hazrat umer send specific instructions on how to deal with people and their land......
how can u say that this battle is included in syllabus bro can u prove that

Reaction score
Xeshan16 said:
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:

how can u say that this battle is included in syllabus bro can u prove that
this battle is also present in Dr.David thomas book who is the Chief examiner of Islamiat !! do I need to elaborate further or this much info is ok ?

Reaction score
@salman to be very honest the above info is taken from david thomas book he has given this much detail about the battle and it will be enough i guess more than enough

Reaction score
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
@salman to be very honest the above info is taken from david thomas book he has given this much detail about the battle and it will be enough i guess more than enough
yeah that is what I was saying to Xeshan16 :)

Reaction score
salmanpakrocks said:
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
yeah that is what I was saying to Xeshan16 :)
any new battle included in syllabus excluding this one

Reaction score
i never heard of this battle! :\
wel its not important!
neither mentioned in mark scheme! nor any of books i have ...

Reaction score
WELL thats the difference bro its not mentioned in mark schemes because it recently was added in DAVID THOMAS new book for islamiat revised addition and anything in his book is important and kindly read the whole topic u will understand its importance...

Reaction score
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
WELL thats the difference bro its not mentioned in mark schemes because it recently was added in DAVID THOMAS new book for islamiat revised addition and anything in his book is important and kindly read the whole topic u will understand its importance...

Haha dude i dint evn touched that book! everythng is soo summarized in it,
anyway you may be right!