• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BENEFITS OF FURTHER MATHEMATICS?

Reaction score
I quote from somewhere else:

"At the top-end universities for maths-related degrees (ranging from a straight maths degree to say engineering), FM is either essential or at least highly recommended. FM is a very specific subject and because you have to take up 2 A-level slots to do Maths+FM, I would only do it if you are realistically considering studying a maths related degree."

Reaction score
Do american universities look for it?

What about Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Sciences?

Reaction score
it creates and enhances your analytical skills ur cognitive process in solving problem..and helps u too handle symbol and abstract model thus giving u conifidence in ur quantitative skill and apply them in ur subject specially enginering acturial sciences..

Reaction score
i believe if u have a* in maths and a* in addmaths then only take it its a very rigourous course and require a love or maths

Reaction score
i was thinking of giving of giving FM but my friend told me that if you you take 5 subjects along with this, your grades will conspicoulsy go down..Would it be possible for me to do it if i donot have add maths in my O levels ?

Reaction score
i was thinking of giving of giving FM but my friend told me that if you you take 5 subjects along with this, your grades will conspicoulsy go down..Would it be possible for me to do it if i donot have add maths in my O levels ?
i believe u should take it simple unless and unitil u wantto study maths in ur uni