• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Best books for A2 Mathematics (P3 & S1)?

Reaction score
I'm a bit behind on P3 and not taking tuitions. I need a good book, clearly based on CIE 9709 maths syllabus, which explains concepts in it well and concisely, preferably by touching on earlier concepts when relevant as well. Is there the maths equivalent to the excellent Physics and Chem ALevel coursebooks?

I'm good at picking up concepts just by reading about it but most of the books I've found seem to have too much extra content or are just not very clear.

So what are the most helpful books you know for guided A-LEVEL maths instruction?

Reaction score
well there is the CIE endorsed book but again like u said too much extra content again
but i can share you a good link
http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-revision/syllabuses/CIE/period-1/specification.php
hope it helps! :)
Can u plz help me with question!
This question is not from past papers it's from advanced level statistics by J.crawshaw and chambers.
Page no
Page 377 q6 and 9.
Q6)bags of flour packed by a particular machine have masses which are normally distributed with mean of 500g and standard deviation of 20g.2% of the bags are rejected for being underweight and one percent of the bags are rejected for being overweight?between what range of values should the mass of a bag of flour lie if it has to be accepted.

Q9)mean=400 and standard deviation is 8
A)find the limits within which the central 95% of the distribution lies.
B)find the inter quartile range of the distribution.

Plz solve these questions.thanks a lot!!

Reaction score
Can u plz help me with question!
This question is not from past papers it's from advanced level statistics by J.crawshaw and chambers.
Page no
Page 377 q6 and 9.
Q6)bags of flour packed by a particular machine have masses which are normally distributed with mean of 500g and standard deviation of 20g.2% of the bags are rejected for being underweight and one percent of the bags are rejected for being overweight?between what range of values should the mass of a bag of flour lie if it has to be accepted.

Q9)mean=400 and standard deviation is 8
A)find the limits within which the central 95% of the distribution lies.
B)find the inter quartile range of the distribution.

Plz solve these questions.thanks a lot!!
sorry bro i dont have that book!