• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BI'DAH IN ISLAM

Reaction score
Assalamu Alaikum! There are many Bi'dah going on now a days. 1st of all, THE EID MILAD UN NABI... People, the practice of having birthdays is not there in Islam. People say '' Happy Birthday!'' to whoever who has a birthday. I don;t see anything happy about the day, rather it should be known as a ' Sad Birthday!' as one year of our life has finished and we are one huge step towards our grave. So, how on earth CAN WE CELEBRATE THE BIRTHDAY OF THE PROPHET?? Did he do so during his lifetime or did the Sahabah do so? This is one big Bida'h. Next, Now a days, the innovating women, after the death of their husbands remain in 'Iddat' or The waiting Period only for 40 days. The prescribed period is 4 months and 10 days! Goodness! What a big sin are they committing! There are many more such acts. May Allah protect all of us from such things! Ameen

Reaction score
Assalamu Alaikum! There are many Bi'dah going on now a days. 1st of all, THE EID MILAD UN NABI... People, the practice of having birthdays is not there in Islam. People say '' Happy Birthday!'' to whoever who has a birthday. I don;t see anything happy about the day, rather it should be known as a ' Sad Birthday!' as one year of our life has finished and we are one huge step towards our grave. So, how on earth CAN WE CELEBRATE THE BIRTHDAY OF THE PROPHET?? Did he do so during his lifetime or did the Sahabah do so? This is one big Bida'h. Next, Now a days, the innovating women, after the death of their husbands remain in 'Iddat' or The waiting Period only for 40 days. The prescribed period is 4 months and 10 days! Goodness! What a big sin are they committing! There are many more such acts. May Allah protect all of us from such things! Ameen
Seriously!! Women are doing that?? :eek: You are right, that is a huge sin. If i am not wrong, the duration of the Iddah Period is mentioned in the Qur'an, right? Then they are going against the Qur'an! :( Amen, may Allah protect us from all these things.

Reaction score
Seriously!! Women are doing that?? :eek: You are right, that is a huge sin. If i am not wrong, the duration of the Iddah Period is mentioned in the Qur'an, right? Then they are going against the Qur'an! :( Amen, may Allah protect us from all these things.
Yes, it is given in the Holy Quran.. I can't remember which Surah, but i'll let you know soon.

Reaction score
Yes, because they are an innovation in religion.
In a Milad, a group of people gather together and recite Darood sharif and praise Allah and Prophet (pbuh) and a Milad is usually accompanied by Quran telawat. It is prescribed in Islam to recite Quran, recite Darood and praise Allah and His Prophet (pbuh). So why should we consider it as Bidah?

Reaction score
In a Milad, a group of people gather together and recite Darood sharif and praise Allah and Prophet (pbuh) and a Milad is usually accompanied by Quran telawat. It is prescribed in Islam to recite Quran, recite Darood and praise Allah and His Prophet (pbuh). So why should we consider it as Bidah?
Okay! Answer this.
Did the Prophet (SAW) do anything special on his Birthday? Did he OR his companions recite Quran, recite Darood and praise Allah and His Prophet (pbuh) specifically on that day because it was the Prophet's Birthday?
Isn't reciting the Qur'an and the Durood something we should do every day?
Are we more religious and stronger in faith than the Prophet? And if neither he nor the Sahabah ever celebrated Milad why are we doing so?

If you are reciting the Qur'an and Durood every day and you do the exact same thing on the Prophet's Birthday.......... no big deal. But if you do all these things specifically on this day, then it's wrong. Because you are innovating and creating a day or a religious occasion that wasn't approved of by Allah and his Messenger. This makes it a religious innovation or Bidah.

Imam Bukhari and Imam Muslim write that there was some companions talking and the Prophet was listening. One of them said: 'I will make prayers (Salaah) all night long.' The second said: 'I will fast (sawm) all the time.' The third said: 'I will never marry.' When our Prophet [May Allah bless Him and grant Him peace]heard them say this he said: 'I am the most God conscious of Allah (Ta`ala) than any of you. I pray (Salaah,) I fast (sawm) as well, and I do marry woman too. And who so turns his face from my Sunnah, cannot be of my Ummah'.

RasoolAllah [May Allah bless Him and grant Him peace] stated: "On the Day of Judgement, some people will come to me when I will be standing by Haudh-e-Kauser (Well). They will be grabbed and taken towards the Hellfire. I shall say: "These are my people" but in reply I will be told: "These are the people who introduced innovations after you, so they are unbelievers."

[Bukhari & Muslim, Kitaab-ul-Haudh]

Reaction score
Okay! Answer this.
Did the Prophet (SAW) do anything special on his Birthday? Did he OR his companions recite Quran, recite Darood and praise Allah and His Prophet (pbuh) specifically on that day because it was the Prophet's Birthday?
Are we more religious and stronger in faith than the Prophet? And if neither he nor the Sahabah ever celebrated Milad why are we doing so?

If you are reciting the Qur'an and Durood every day and you do the exact same thing on the Prophet's Birthday.......... no big deal. But if you do all these things specifically on this day, then it's wrong. Because you are innovating and creating a day or a religious occasion that wasn't approved of by Allah and his Messenger. This makes it a religious innovation or Bidah.

Imam Bukhari and Imam Muslim write that there was some companions talking and the Prophet was listening. One of them said: 'I will make prayers (Salaah) all night long.' The second said: 'I will fast (sawm) all the time.' The third said: 'I will never marry.' When our Prophet [May Allah bless Him and grant Him peace]heard them say this he said: 'I am the most God conscious of Allah (Ta`ala) than any of you. I pray (Salaah,) I fast (sawm) as well, and I do marry woman too. And who so turns his face from my Sunnah, cannot be of my Ummah'.

RasoolAllah [May Allah bless Him and grant Him peace] stated: "On the Day of Judgement, some people will come to me when I will be standing by Haudh-e-Kauser (Well). They will be grabbed and taken towards the Hellfire. I shall say: "These are my people" but in reply I will be told: "These are the people who introduced innovations after you, so they are unbelievers."

You did'nt get me. I am not talking about the Milads which are performed specifically on Prophet's (pbuh) birthday. I am talking about Milads in general. Milads can take place any time of the year, people can arrange them whenever they wish, for example before going abroad, before marriage ceremonies etc. So, in general, are Milads considered as Bidah?

Reaction score
You did'nt get me. I am not talking about the Milads which are performed specifically on Prophet's (pbuh) birthday. I am talking about Milads in general. Milads can take place any time of the year, people can arrange them whenever they wish, for example before going abroad, before marriage ceremonies etc. So, in general, are Milads considered as Bidah?
I am not sure about this, i will try to confirm and tell you. But what I think is there is NO record of the Prophet or his companions doing this so we mustn't do it too. And Allah knows best.

Reaction score
Meelad un nabi? Bidah or not?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLT57wczuhs

Reaction score
Okay! Answer this.

I was totally touched when i read this post Galactic ! May Allah bless you for spreading the truth.. Ameen.. U are very true in the above post.

Reaction score
2_234.png

And those who are taken in death among you and leave wives behind - they, [the wives, shall] wait four months and ten [days]. And when they have fulfilled their term, then there is no blame upon you for what they do with themselves in an acceptable manner. And Allah is [fully] Acquainted with what you do. (Surah-Al-Baqarah (2:234))