• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Bilogy ATP

Reaction score
what were we supposed to write for question 1 part c,in which we were asked on how the experiment could be extended?
please help..i'm worried since yesterday.. :(

Reaction score
Well although i am not sure if i did it right but i wrote about doing the starch test which could tell us the amount of glucose in both types of plants ....

Reaction score
Well although i am not sure if i did it right but i wrote about doing the starch test which could tell us the amount of glucose in both types of plants ....

you are correct...thats what was needed the iodine test..:)

Reaction score
Was that the investigation??
I think it was to show the effect of light on leave development....
So maybe we can put a plant in dark or variable light intensties and compare the growth and development??

Reaction score
So maybe we can put a plant in dark or variable light intensties and compare the growth and development??
I wrote about using variable light intensities..

Reaction score
Well i thought about that BUT then i thought that this experiment was done to show if plant respiration ...... varrying light intensities will although show different developments but it will take alot of time to reach to the conclusion ...... where as by starch test ( its also an investigation) u can show the leaf development in the sence that the leaf getting more light developed more starch while the other 1 didnt !!!

Reaction score
Well i thought about that BUT then i thought that this experiment was done to show if plant respiration ...... varrying light intensities will although show different developments but it will take alot of time to reach to the conclusion ...... where as by starch test ( its also an investigation) u can show the leaf development in the sence that the leaf getting more light developed more starch while the other 1 didnt !!!

yar this was a very confusing question, with no absolute answer, and i think that for the investigation, we had to do something with liht intensity, plus something to show development, eg starch production, or mass of leaves or something like that.

anyway if anyone is confused about what to draw in the storage granules, see for yourself:
http://sciweb.hfcc.net/biology/jacobs/bio131/cells/plant_cells.htmfigure 3

http://www.els.net/WileyCDA/ElsArticle/refId-a0001294.html figure 3

http://plantali.blogspot.com/2010/05/amyloplasts.html

Reaction score
well i wrote every experiment that could be done.. :D light intensity, food tests, and few more i dont exactly remember those.. :p

Reaction score
All you needed to do is how to extend the experiment , you actually didn't need to write a new experiment, even though even i mentioned a bit related to that.

I wrote about more time period giving , same conditions and blah blah

Reaction score
i wrote starch test i hope it's correct. or atleast i get one mark for it if it was outta 2.

Reaction score
All you needed to do is how to extend the experiment , you actually didn't need to write a new experiment, even though even i mentioned a bit related to that.

I wrote about more time period giving , same conditions and blah blah
wouldnt that be just modifying the experiment and NOT extending it???
i think if you want to extend it you will have to check the Starch made cuz we were checking the effect of light on the plant...:)

Reaction score
ahhh thank God i'm not the only one! My classmates wrote about light intensity and other stuff so i was convinced that i misunderstood the question & wrote the wrong answer.
umm trust me..
my WHOLE group of friends wrote this...
so not to worry
however i have to agree it was a DAMN TRICKY question!! :D

Reaction score
umm trust me..
my WHOLE group of friends wrote this...
so not to worry
however i have to agree it was a DAMN TRICKY question!! :D

oh brilliant! that means i'm definitely not the odd one haha :D although the whole light intensity thingy did get me to think that i could be wrong but i've my fingers crossed. if not 3 marks then at least 1 or 2 because starch test does fit the need of whole question. ya know what i mean?
indeeed very tricky.

Reaction score
oh brilliant! that means i'm definitely not the odd one haha :D although the whole light intensity thingy did get me to think that i could be wrong but i've my fingers crossed. if not 3 marks then at least 1 or 2 because starch test does fit the need of whole question. ya know what i mean?
indeeed very tricky.
i dont know but something tells me that starch test was the most appropriate answer...cuz we were EXTENDING the experiment not increasing its accuracy...if yo know what i mean..:)

Reaction score
Ah yes! i didn't had to sit scratching my head wondering what to write, it's like i looked at the question once or maybe twice & KABOOOM wrote the starch test without thinking any further. since i get easily convinced by others ( call it lack of confidence or whatever, i just know it's bad) i thought i was wrong until now.. Insha Allah it will be right! :) if not full marks, we do deserve half marks for it.

Reaction score
Ah yes! i didn't had to sit scratching my head wondering what to write, it's like i looked at the question once or maybe twice & KABOOOM wrote the starch test without thinking any further. since i get easily convinced by others ( call it lack of confidence or whatever, i just know it's bad) i thought i was wrong until now.. Insha Allah it will be right! :) if not full marks, we do deserve half marks for it.
Inshaa Allah the examiner would appreciate us and give our names in the examiner report..LOL...:D
jk..:D

Reaction score
Yepp, you're soooo right. With such controversies going on that question, great minds like us deserve some acknowledgement (if our answer ir right/somewhat right) xD haha :D