• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Bio 9700 practical 34 , 22 Oct ! anyone?

Reaction score
what do u think the questions will be about?
Which experiments did u practice ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
because i am in newzealand, i will end up doing paper 35 a day before you guys... i will let you guys know what comes up, but im sure it will be different just as the chemistry was
although its different..do tell us, who knows maybe something is similar in the two variants:)

Reaction score
because i am in newzealand, i will end up doing paper 35 a day before you guys... i will let you guys know what comes up, but im sure it will be different just as the chemistry was
can't post the image in profile status...here it is how u can do it
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
the problem is we are provided with sodium chloride solution , my teacher assumed that this doesn't damage the protein membranes in the potato stips so there won't be any diffusion of the mythlene blue solution into the water , things could have been easier if there was ethanol or any other acid that can damage the protein membranes , i think it would be mostly an investigation on the osmosis of the plant cells and measuring their sizes.... i don't know though

Reaction score
the problem is we are provided with sodium chloride solution , my teacher assumed that this doesn't damage the protein membranes in the potato stips so there won't be any diffusion of the mythlene blue solution into the water , things could have been easier if there was ethanol or any other acid that can damage the protein membranes , i think it would be mostly an investigation on the osmosis of the plant cells and measuring their sizes.... i don't know though
u mean measuring sizes through eyepiece graticule and stage micrometer ? or measuring the lengths of strips using scale?

Reaction score
does anyone know "Are we supposed to learn to set and use water-bath and haemocytometer and equipment like these?"

Reaction score
u mean measuring sizes through eyepiece graticule and stage micrometer ? or measuring the lengths of strips using scale?
that's what i don't know but its more likely to do with that measuring with scale , but the problem is what is the purpose of mythlene .......... ,

Reaction score
that's what i don't know but its more likely to do with that measuring with scale , but the problem is what is the purpose of mythlene .......... ,
is this experiment in the coming paper? or u just practiced it in class?:unsure:

Reaction score
oh my god!?
i didnt realise that you guys are sitting the practical on 22 october!
my paper 35 is on the 3rd of november
so you guys will have to give me tips...;)