• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Bio Discussion P.1 & P.2; 24 hours have passed.

Reaction score
So, mon amies, what did ya think of ze questions on ze paper? P.1 became tough in the middle, and P.2 had some wierd questions! what did u guys write about tht triploid thingy???

Reaction score
what was the answer to the last mcq (no. 40) involving the continuous and discontinuous variation graph

Reaction score
what was the answer to the last mcq (no. 40) involving the continuous and discontinuous variation graph
The answer was Continous, because height is an example of continuous variation. This is also supported by the fact tht height of plants can be affected by environmental conditions, a trait of genes of continuous variation. And anyway the graph showed a range of values, not two distinct classes.

Reaction score
is it ryt ?
Perfectly correct. I wrote much the same thing, plus added some total garbage about plant genes cz it was a 2 mark question. But i think ur is better.

In the disadvantage thing, i write tht more chromosomes have a higher chance of mutation. i googled this up online, and both mine and the frut explanation are perfectly valid answers.

Reaction score
Perfectly correct. I wrote much the same thing, plus added some total garbage about plant genes cz it was a 2 mark question. But i think ur is better.

In the disadvantage thing, i write tht more chromosomes have a higher chance of mutation. i googled this up online, and both mine and the frut explanation are perfectly valid answers.

u made me feel a thousand times better :)

Reaction score
for that triploid question i wrote the disadvantage is that three gametes are needed to fertilize and in part that why it didnt happen in humman i wrote only one sperm cell can fertilize the egg cell cuz egg cell secrete enzymes to make it self impermeable as first sperm enters so there is no chamce for another gamete to emter. what u guys thinks?? it is alright?

Reaction score
Apparently to the triploid question I made my "own theory" and somehow tired to convince the examiner that
it is because Asextual in plant and sextual in human!! reproduction :sick:
and I Know I am going to get O For that:cry:

Reaction score
My answer was some what similar .. i too wrote how tripliod means no sexual reproduction ..... and if so a offspring that may not survive .

Reaction score
i wrote that plants can reproduce asexually and animals can't hence 3nchromosomes.
paper wasn't 'the best', it was weird! MCQs went well except for a few, some were silly mistakes & some were confusing. p6 was good as compared to p1.
as for p2, the first question itself was a shocker! some questions were easy, some were tricky. section C was like THE BEST EVER! as for section B, i made such blunders, don't even ask. :/ overall i'm very disappointed.

Reaction score
MCQs
wat is the result of aerobic respiration in yeast?
wat abt those two homologous chromosomes wid P labelled
nd also the one which of the things r all broken down by liver???
ND this that in how many planes is elbow nd shouldr movement

Reaction score
MCQs
wat is the result of aerobic respiration in yeast?
wat abt those two homologous chromosomes wid P labelled
nd also the one which of the things r all broken down by liver???
ND this that in how many planes is elbow nd shouldr movement
Aerobic Respiration produces carbon dioxide n Water.

The chromosome thingy still isnt confirmed, but i noticed one thing though. Although logically, alleles could be different, but in the Cambridge Revision Guide, they included a picture of that diagram and HINTED that if the colour of two alleles is same, both alleles are same. So the answer is variable :whistle:

THe liver thingy, i dnt remember the exact option letter, but the Liver breaks down Progesterone, drugs and alcohol.

Elbow movemnt i.e hinge joint has one plane, shoulder i.e ball and socket joint has three.

Reaction score
Aerobic Respiration produces carbon dioxide n Water.

The chromosome thingy still isnt confirmed, but i noticed one thing though. Although logically, alleles could be different, but in the Cambridge Revision Guide, they included a picture of that diagram and HINTED that if the colour of two alleles is same, both alleles are same. So the answer is variable :whistle:

THe liver thingy, i dnt remember the exact option letter, but the Liver breaks down Progesterone, drugs and alcohol.

Elbow movemnt i.e hinge joint has one plane, shoulder i.e ball and socket joint has three.
shoulder have three? but my friend said 2 only? if three then hooray~ and can someone tell me the temperature of humanbody in MCQ? the blood vessel is big or small? more blood or less blood? :eek:

Reaction score
shoulder have three? but my friend said 2 only? if three then hooray~ and can someone tell me the temperature of humanbody in MCQ? the blood vessel is big or small? more blood or less blood? :eek:
the option was A. i remember that

Reaction score
Yh the answer was A in which less blood goes to skin. I fricking got that wrong! Thought blood would go more to heart n lungs :cry:

Reaction score
Yh the answer was A in which less blood goes to skin. I fricking got that wrong! Thought blood would go more to heart n lungs :cry:
omg... less blood? i choose A too but at last minute, i change the answer to more blood coz i see the question ask what cause the temperature change once the people move from hot to cold.... :cry: sad.....