• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Bio in A-levels

Reaction score
Actually i want to go for two choices in a-levels that's why i opted for chemistry maths bio and physics. That is engineering plus medical but i have heard from a lot of people that Bio in A-levels is useless and u wont get admission in any university. Plz help is this true because many people told me after equivalence u wont get enough marks to get admission in medical university. I got 1A* 5A and 2Bs in O levels (B in Isl and English). Is Bio in A levels beneficial ???????

Reaction score
Seriously, whoever said that, is definitely out of their mind -.-
If you want to keep your options open, yes your subjects are pretty much enough. Bio in A levels is 100% beneficial =1

Reaction score
You're subject combination is good!!!

ppl are mad!!!

Keep your doors open!!ofcourse people who get into med schools are not aliens!

Reaction score
So if i want to go for medical in my future i can easily get admission in university after A-levels is that right??? and plz help me out that what is the criteria through which students are given admission. For example if a student gets marks in FSC that is above the marid he will get admission but what about a levels there are no marks there are actually grades. I would also like to know about the entry test. How much percentage does entry test has compared to FSC or A levels result??

Reaction score
It is the perfect combination for those opting for either Medicine or Engineering. There won't be any problem with any of your subjects when getting admitted into medical universities. There is a way to convert the GRADES of A'levels into the FSC marks. It is called the equivalency formulae and you have to submit your grades to the IBCC to get the equivalency certificate.

Reaction score
OK so now i have decided to go for only engineering so i have opted maths chemistry and physics. Just tell me an extra subject that is easy. I was thinking about AICT as my extra subject. Is there any other subject that i could opt which is not so difficult. Moreover is this combination good for engineering field.

Reaction score
Stll, go for BIOLOGY! It is easier than any other subject and you'll still keep your options open. Decisions change!

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
Stll, go for BIOLOGY! It is easier than any other subject and you'll still keep your options open. Decisions change!

Actually at first i was also going for Biology but medical field according to me is having no scope. Only MBBS is not sufficient having no value until or unless u do some specialization in a certain field of medical. So what i wanted to say after MBBS its not straight to job, First House job and then if u really want to earn do specialization and then some valuable job. So look how much time is utilized first in MBBS then House job then Specialization. Whereas in engineering its a different story.

Am i Right :)

Reaction score
You have some typical thinking, sir. Anyways, I'll just advice you to keep Biology even if you are not going to do Medicine for sure. It's a better option than AICT or any other 4th subject that you'll keep.

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
You have some typical thinking, sir. Anyways, I'll just advice you to keep Biology even if you are not going to do Medicine for sure. It's a better option than AICT or any other 4th subject that you'll keep.

Thank you very much for your response. Plzz guide me because i think that Bio needs a lot of effort so thats why i was thinking if i am not going to medical then why put my effort in a subject that is useless for me. So thats why i choosed AICT or GP that do not require much effort.

Reaction score
Biology, may require a bit of effort but it is easier to get an A in because there is relatively less understanding in it. As far as GP is concerned, many universities don't even credit it as a subject so I don't see much use of it plus there is not A* in the subject. AICT, is an easy and an interesting subject, you may keep it if you want to but I have observed that the percentile in this subject is pretty high and very less students get an A* in it as proved by CIE's statistics. Anyways, it's your choice in the end.

Reaction score
^Yeah, exactly!
Who knows you might change your 'typical' thinking & opt for Medicine.
But if you're SOO against medicine & you think that your hard work will be of no avail, then go for AICT.

Reaction score
Thanks for Your Reply :)
Can u Plzz tell me that why do people say that if one has to go for medical he should do FSC most teachers recommend FSC for medical field why is that so??

Moreover do the A-Levels students also had to cover the syllabus for FSC to pass the entry test ( Mcat )

Is this also same for the engineering students that they also had to cover the syllabus of FSC for entry tests to get admission e.g in (LUMS or GIK)

Waiting for your reply.

Reaction score
That's because FSc trains you in the ratta-baazi. which Medical students require. A levels trains you how to approach every situation very systematically. & it's only in Pak, where if you have done FSc, you have a better chance to get in.
Yes, the MCAT is purely FSc, even if they say it's a mix of FSc & non FSc, they're pretty much lying.
You'll have to study from FSc books because majority of the population appearing for the entry test is giving the Pakistani board & not A levels

Reaction score
^^^^^^^ Thanks for this info!!!!!!!
Do the engineering students also had to prepare fsc course before giving the entry test or is it different???????

Reaction score
Yeah Duh! Everyone appearing for those entry test have to study from FSc. Be it engineering, medicals, business, anything!