• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Bio - MCQ's Help Plz!!!

Reaction score
22 Which enzyme rejoins sections of DNA in genetic engineering?

A DNA ligase
B DNA polymerase
C restriction enzyme
D reverse transcriptase

Plz explain dis..

Reaction score
Plz explain why ans is B and not A??

Attachments

• bio.PNG
    bio.PNG
    37.4 KB · Views: 85
Reaction score
Tel me how to calculate!! Ans is A..

Attachments

• bio 3.PNG
    bio 3.PNG
    60.7 KB · Views: 85
Reaction score
Help plz!! Y ans D and not B ?

Attachments

• bio 4.PNG
    bio 4.PNG
    14.4 KB · Views: 85
Reaction score
for the 6th question see..measure the length of the full diagram it is aproximate 6.3 cm nd in the question the length for the full diagram is 35 micrometres...
that means 6.3cm = 35 micrometres ....NOW measure the length of the mitochondrion i.e is approximate 1 cm
if 6.3 cm = 35 micrometres how many micrometres will equal 1cm....(cross multiplication) ....6.3cm into x = 1cm into 35...therefore X equals 5.5 micrometres...GOT IT ?
P.S im not sure of my measurements becoz i measured it on my laptop screen :p

Reaction score
for the 32nd question see...1st the oxygen molecues moves into and out of the cell alveolar wall(that makes it 2 times )...den into the capillary and out of the capillary wall( now dat makes it 4 times )..den atlast into the redblood cell through its cell surface membrane..dat makes it 5 ? got it ??

Reaction score
hey for the 22nd question..read the heamoglobin dissociation curve (s- shaped curve)..i guess u'll get it...i have an explanation but i aint sure :p...

Reaction score
for 22nd question the genetic engineering 1...is the answer C ?..restriction enzyme ?

Reaction score
Talha said:
Help plz!! Y ans D and not B ?

alveolus is one cell thick. to pass through a cell, you have yo go through the cell surface membrane TWICE.
* think! right?! *

so alveolus -2
blood capillary - 2
then red blood cell -1