• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

bio p22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I wasn't really sure about it, so I skipped and came back to it at the last... had plenty of time:)
So, this is what I wrote :

1. Because the streptomycin doesn't allow the mRNA to be bonded to Ribosomes.... blah blah
2. Because the streptomycin doesn't allow the tRNA to be bonded to Ribosomes.... LOL

Reaction score
histephenson007 said:
I wasn't really sure about it, so I skipped and came back to it at the last... had plenty of time:)

1. Because the streptomycin doesn't allow the mRNA to be bonded to Ribosomes.... blah blah
2. Because the streptomycin doesn't allow the tRNA to be bonded to Ribosomes.... LOL

High five, exactly what i wrote too :D

Reaction score
well answer for streptomycin was that we hav to write abt compeitative and incompetative inhibition of enzymes :).btw wat was the ans to that ph questn why ph of 8 is used?

Reaction score
r u sure about the Streptomycin thingy??
cuz i thought it said HOW would the streptomycin inhibit the activity of Ribosomes? (or somethin like dat..)

Reaction score
histephenson007 said:

Hey i wrote that it binds to the subunits of ribosome thus inhibits translation!
And second point a guess that it acts as an inhibitor (which i know is wrong)

You kow i was about to write the same thing as you but then i thought it's kind of the same pount cx if mRNA can't bind then no way tRNA would on it's own!

Reaction score
i wrote that it binds to large subunit of ribosomes causing a change in their shape so mRna is not able to bind on it

and i wrote that it binds to the small subumit which is the binding site for tRNA so inhibits tRNA binding & thus no protein made !!!!

Reaction score
since it said HOW it works, i said that 1) it releases toxins to destroy the ribosome, 2) by lysis..
i guess its wrong :(

Reaction score
The ribosome is a protien so it is similar in structure to the Enzyme.. First i was going to write about the two sites as sepaerate but then i wrote allosteric site but didn't call it allosteric just some other place

Reaction score
I frikkin was going to write about binding of receptors & blah blah But instead I wrote about that the bacteria has a 70s ribosome & mammalian cells have 80s, so they cannot bind..Which is umm WRONG!

Reaction score
aquariangurl said:
I frikkin was going to write about binding of receptors & blah blah But instead I wrote about that the bacteria has a 70s ribosome & mammalian cells have 80s, so they cannot bind..Which is umm WRONG!
Why is it wrong?? i wrote the same thing.. like a enzyme is specific so is this.

Reaction score
vat was da ans to ques which asked dat y stryptomycin doent harm mammal cells?
Vat were the products for globin hydrolysis?
vat was da niche, abiotic component and ecosystem in q2??
in q1 y cells D were smaller than otherz?
Vat were da stages for cells A,B, C in q1??

Plz ans... Thnx..!!

Reaction score
Talha said:
vat was da ans to ques which asked dat y stryptomycin doent harm mammal cells?
Vat were the products for globin hydrolysis?
vat was da niche, abiotic component and ecosystem in q2??
in q1 y cells D were smaller than otherz?
Vat were da stages for cells A,B, C in q1??

Plz ans... Thnx..!!
THese r My answers and may not be correct.. Different ribosome
Amino acid
I don't remember but was easy enough
Cells underwent citokinesis so smaller..
Anaphase
prophase
metaphase

Reaction score
@Bilal, I dunno dude, Bohot chalaaki maari & then my teacher went lyk no that's wrong -.-
Globin hydrolysis products were amino acids although some fools wrote enzymes (WHY??)
Niche was where the word role came, & abiotic was o2 & something, I dont really remember!

Reaction score
prophase was the one in which chromatids were not visible that is they were like black spots while metaphase was da one in which chromatids were in centre and were visible and distint?? Rite??

Status
Not open for further replies.