• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Bio paper 2 on 24th!!

Reaction score
Aoa wr wb,
See the question says that the chamber does not rises to the same height with each breath b/c O2 is absorbed in the lungs...
So you can simply calculate the fall in height over 1 min which comes out to be 1.5 box
If 4 boxes represent 1dm3
So 1.5 ---------> x
Solve it using unitary method
X = 1.5/4
X= 0.38 dm3min^-1
Thank You! :) all the best for your papers!

Reactions: N.M
Reaction score
look when one molecule of oxygen attaches to haemoglobin, it makes the attachment of 2nd oxygen molecule easier, and it makes the 3rd one's attachment easier (its written in cambridge university press book)

so conversely speaking (when we reverse the equations, just like chemical reactions in chemistry. The reaction which is good in forward direction, is poor in backward direction)
when one oxygen molecule leaves, it makes it harder for the next oxygen molecule to leave (

so
hb08----> hbo6 + 02 is fastest
and hb02 ----->hb +o2 is slowest

I HOPE THAT IM CORRECT BUT IM NOT SURE
Yeah i think you're right. My teacher told me something like that too, but i was unsure and what you said confirmed the answer.Your answer seems logical too.
Thanks Anwar and good luck for tomorrow, and insha allah you succeed (y)

Reaction score
Yeah i think you're right. My teacher told me something like that too, but i was unsure and what you said confirmed the answer.Your answer seems logical too.
Thanks Anwar and good luck for tomorrow, and insha allah you succeed (y)
ive already given my alevel papers. Had 3A* in sciences by the Grace of God

wish u best of luck