• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Bio Paper 3 Variant 1

How was your bio paper?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Just smile if you lost minimum 32 marks you are 99.9% A* that's 80% Bio curve never ever exceeded 75% so lose up to 20 marks in Paper 3 10 in paper 6.. between 2 and 8 in paper 1 you are A* :)

Reaction score
and for the mammal in cold water I wrote that they have a layer of fats called adipose layer that insulates them with heat. Is that correct in regards to the question?

Reaction score
water re-absorbed (colon),Insulin production (Pancreas),bile added (duodenum) but i'm not sure !!!

Reaction score
water re-absorbed (colon),Insulin production (Pancreas),bile added (duodenum) but i'm not sure !!!
water is reabsorbed in the colon... but it said where is water mostly absorbed, it was the small intestine

Reaction score
WHAT WAS THE ANSWER FOR Y MAMMAL CAN STAY UNDERWATER FOR A LONG TIME??
You ought to develop some of these points:
1- They have a layer of fats which insulates them against heat loss from their blood.
2- They perform "Vasoconstriction", a process by which the blodd vessels near the skin constrict and become narrower to allow less blodd to flow near skin to avoid heat loss from it.
3- They are known to be Homeothermic
4- They can "Shiver producing heat"