• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIO PPR 3 HELP NEEDED

Reaction score
I lost my paper about genetic engineering of insulin. Can anyone give me it?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Here this will help ya.

Link : http://www.abpischools.org.uk/res/coRes ... ticeng.cfm

By the way the insulin gene is cut from a human chromosome by an enzyme named restriction enzyme, and this newly cut gene is inserted into a plasmid by using the ligase enzyme, so if they asked you how to make genetic engineering you have to mention those two enzymes and what they do.

I hope that helped you, and good luck with your exam :)

Reaction score
Adahshan said:
Can you give me all steps written?
I had it written on my copybook, but it's lost :(, thank god ive got the study guide to help me instead. :)

Reaction score
hey ! i need to know this question too !! can anybody give an organised answer pls !!! with steps i mean :D !!!

Reaction score
Gene of interest is isolated by a restriction endonuclease enzyme.
The bacterial plasmid is also isolated and cut open by the same restriction endonuclease enzyme.
Gene is then taken and placed inside the opening of the plasmid using ligase enzyme.
The recombinant plasmid is then taken and placed inside the bacteria, its now called transgenic bacteria.
Bacteria starts to divide forming insulin.

There gl mark ;)

Reaction score
Adahshan said:
Gene of interest is isolated by a restriction endonuclease enzyme.
The bacterial plasmid is also isolated and cut open by the same restriction endonuclease enzyme.
Gene is then taken and placed inside the opening of the plasmid using ligase enzyme.
The recombinant plasmid is then taken and placed inside the bacteria, its now called transgenic bacteria.
Bacteria starts to divide forming insulin.

There gl mark ;)
Exactly :)