• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology 11 - Heterozygous female cat or

Reaction score
iam sry but, every time they say this, it makes me nerves we need to know weather i was mistaken or not in my exam.

Reaction score
the answer was female hetrozygous beacuse other one or male could be both homo or hetro however the female must be hetro

Reaction score
guess ur friends are not geniuses after all... read my quote, see if u inderstand the logic.... if not inbox
The MOST approprite answer is Obivously that 1 parent is homozygous! Think about it, and there is no diffrence between the heterozygous male or heterozygous female! both those answers are TOTALLY wrong :) Better Luck next time Inshaa'Allah (y)

Reaction score
see, question said "MOST APPROPRIATE ANSWER"
its tru that the male is homozygous, but its actually homozygous recessive.!!!!
so, the femaly cat is heterozygous is a more appropriate answer as, the option was only homozygous, not homozygous recessive...
GET IT?!!!
Bro why did u choose female to be heterozygous.. Give me a logical reason -_- couldn't it be the other way round.. meaning that the male is heterozygous and the female is homozygous recessive? :D

Reaction score
Nope
the female cat is heterozygous since they said only 2 were long-haired so the combination for the alleles is:
Hh x Hh
or
Hh x hh
and in both cases youd get the *hh* so its not necessiraly that the male cat is homozygous
but if the female cat wasnt heterozygous, it wouldnt work,try it
so the answer is C
Nope who said it wouldn't work if the male was heterozygous? it will work becuz at that time the female will be homzoygous recessive.. Conclusion :- You can't decide or confirm that the female was heterozygous.. but 4 sure one of the parents will be homozygous which is B

Reaction score
Bro why did u choose female to be heterozygous.. Give me a logical reason -_- couldn't it be the other way round.. meaning that the male is heterozygous and the female is homozygous recessive? :D
the question said, a short haired cat gave birth... to a litter of 5 kittens.... , meaning the mother had the dominant allele for short hair, so if the mother had the dominant allele, the male had the homozygous allele....

Reaction score
the answer was female hetrozygous beacuse other one or male could be both homo or hetro however the female must be hetro
i really can't get you guyz ?? why do u insist that the female was heterozygous.. Am i blind & that's why i couldn't read the question and find anything saying that the female is heterozygous.. Simply there's no prof to be 100% sure female was heterozygous!

Reaction score
i really can't get you guyz ?? why do u insist that the female was heterozygous.. Am i blind & that's why i couldn't read the question and find anything saying that the female is heterozygous.. Simply there's no prof to be 100% sure female was heterozygous!
it said, a short haired cat gave birth to 5 kittnes !!!!!.... so dosent that make the mother have the dominant allele.???????????

Reaction score
the question said, a short haired cat gave birth... to a litter of 5 kittens.... , meaning the mother had the dominant allele for short hair, so if the mother had the dominant allele, the male had the homozygous allele....
U talking seriously?! bro no diffrence weather male or the female is the heterozygous! Your answer is TOTALLY wrong 7bb :unsure: I'm sorry for that :)

Reaction score
exactly i'm 100% with u, if the female is heterzygote what made u( those who answered C) not think of the answer saying that the male is heterozygote...
i suppose it's definitely B...

Reaction score
it said, a short haired cat gave birth to 5 kittnes !!!!!.... so dosent that make the mother have the dominant allele.???????????
So yeah kiven i got u bro.. that makes the answer C.. But Np do u remember what was the ans. of the question related to the plant cell & sugar etc..? :O

Reaction score
r u stupid? short haired cat gave birth to 5 kittens by mating with a long haired cat....
short haired gave birth{ FYI ONLY THE MOTHER [FEMALE] GIVES BIRTH }, short hair, has the dominant allele, making the female heterozygous
No more replays for an IMPOLITE person exactly like you! u even don't know the basics of genatics. Study a little bit hard to get high marks!
Again your answer is TOTALLY WRONG.
End of discussion.

Reaction score
No more replays for an IMPOLITE person exactly like you! u even don't know the basics of genatics. Study a little bit hard to get high marks!
Again your answer is TOTALLY WRONG.
End of discussion.
Why ? 0.o you can't explain your answer logically .....

Reaction score
so PIKOOOOOOOOO we cool?
Yes bro . You've got a point and i respect it.. So can u tell me what did u put as an answer for the question about the plant cell and sugar?.. Hint the plant cell had some labels like chloroplast, cell wall, nucleus i guess and 1 more thing!