• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology 33, how was it?

How was it?

• Easy

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Normal.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Difficult

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Umm, let's see:
Benedict's solution was supposed to be kept anywhere between 80 and 100 degrees (anything written in between would be acceptable)
You're supposed to take 2 cm3 from each solution and 2cm3 (or more) from benedict's
Table:
Headings: concentrations of R, volume of solution, volume of water
0.4---10---0.0
0.3---7.5---2.5
0.2---5.0---5.0
o.1---2.5---7.5
0.0---0.0---10

Describing trend of change in pH for leaves: sharply increases until pH of 5.3 then sharply decreases (although decrease is less steep than increase)
Explaining trend in activity between pH between 5.3 and 6.4: the relatively higher concentrations of OH- ions could interact with the protein structure (by forming hydrogen bonds with the polypeptides) and denature the enzymes. So activity decreases.

And I think that's all. Good luck to everyone on paper 1 this Monday. How are you guys preparing? I've killed the book already (more than 10 times) studying for paper 2, and right now I'm solving all past papers from 2007 - 2012, starting from the most recent. I'll try to be on the paper 1 thread as much as possible :)

what was your estimation on the concentration of sucrose solution??

Reaction score
It's literally impossible for every single students to get identical seeds. So we're definitely going to get different very different answers estimating the concentration of reducing sugars. Mine, for example, was around 0.44%, other students in my class got between 0.2% to 0.5%. It really depends on what you got as a result. If you found out that it took too long for "S" to change colour, then you could put anything below 0.2% (as long as your results are consistent with the timings of the known concentrations).

Reaction score
It's not about the centre or the country, people in my class for answers between 0.2 and 0.5. And maybe you're right, some people might get different types of seeds!
I'm from Jordan.

Reaction score
What was the variable that you had to keep constant while selecting the seeds? (this question was the first question i think...)

Reaction score
What was the variable that you had to keep constant while selecting the seeds? (this question was the first question i think...)

i wrote size! hey btw, the phloem tissue of slide K1 was very very thin right?