• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIOLOGY ATP????

Reaction score
we should draw the inner oval right? since the question stated that in the cells... :confused:
Yeah I did that i drew small oval not the whole and if I am correct the question was about the middle part of the granules right?

Reaction score
From what I remember, the answers were as follow :

Q1) a-Graph in mm
b- Sunlight decreases growth rate and width
c- More Leaves, Different species, Vary light
d- Differences
e- Sunlight leaf had less chloroplasts due to photosynthesis and turgidity for transpiration

2 a - 9.75, 5 , (can't remember, sorry)
b- To obtain a more reliable and fair result
c- Finger tip, Forearm
d - More RECEPTORS

3a- Magnification =
(Your Drawing/Actual Size) x 500
*That means answer may vary but your drawing must definitely have been more than 7cm and NO SHADING

b- Blue, Blue, Black/Yellow/Brown

c- Presence in all

4 a - Labelling and Naming.
i) Dark black structures were chromosomes
ii) Cytopasm, we all know.
b- Meiosis
c- Haploid chromosomes so diploid at fertilization
d- Anthers

Tell me if I got any wrong or have missed out.

Reaction score
aswer to how u would extend the experiment
you guys must understand that to extend the experiment means to do something extra to make it more accurate or reliable and to provide further proof for the same aim.
  • keeping that in mind u could easily get a mark for: taking measurements of a lager quantity of leaves and hence obtaining a better average.
  • using the width to measure the leaf size is also a very crude method so u could improve that by saying: use a square centimeter grid to calculate the surface area of the leaf more accurately. that would hopefully give the second mark.
  • the third mark could have been gotten by saying that u use two genetically identical plants kept in shade and light respectively so that the possibility that the differences are caused by genes is cancelled out.
there may be other possible ways to extend the experiment and any valid point that makes sense is usually accepted; though i highly doubt that the starch test would score a mark.

Reaction score
aswer to how u would extend the experiment
you guys must understand that to extend the experiment means to do something extra to make it more accurate or reliable and to provide further proof for the same aim.
  • keeping that in mind u could easily get a mark for: taking measurements of a lager quantity of leaves and hence obtaining a better average.
  • using the width to measure the leaf size is also a very crude method so u could improve that by saying: use a square centimeter grid to calculate the surface area of the leaf more accurately. that would hopefully give the second mark.
  • the third mark could have been gotten by saying that u use two genetically identical plants kept in shade and light respectively so that the possibility that the differences are caused by genes is cancelled out.
there may be other possible ways to extend the experiment and any valid point that makes sense is usually accepted; though i highly doubt that the starch test would score a mark.

i highly doubt you misunderstood the question :)

Reaction score
furher extension means that do something to investigate more about the diferences like starch test ....it doesn't means to make it accurate it just u have to find a way to research more of ur experiment daniturbo im sorry but i think u r wrong :)