• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
thank u spidey21
i m grateful to u for ur concern nd help :)

well i got from this teacher..that yeah its an Acidic Oxide...:D

because CaO lime is basic and its reacting with it..plus when in the Products...there is both metal and non metal like we have here...then one reactant is Basic and the other one is acidic, which in this case is SiO2...:D
hoope this heleps...:D

Reaction score
1) It's as Spidey said... ethanol is waste while CO2 is useful :)
2) It is an acidic oxide which is actually a waste material (SAND) and in order to remove it... the basic oxide CaO is added so they react and form slag (CaSiO3) which floats an can be easily removed. It's also used by road builders :)

So i think your classified is pretty much correct :D
well i got from this teacher..that yeah its an Acidic Oxide...:D

because CaO lime is basic and its reacting with it..plus when in the Products...there is both metal and non metal like we have here...then one reactant is Basic and the other one is acidic, which in this case is SiO2...:D
hoope this heleps...:D
I wonder just what the heck i was saying back then :whistle:

Reaction score
2) It is an acidic oxide which is actually a waste material (SAND) and in order to remove it... the basic oxide CaO is added so they react and form slag (CaSiO3) which floats an can be easily removed. It's also used by road builders :)

how is ethanol a waste product ?? This process is used to make ethanol .. or may be is it related to Bio ?

Reaction score
how is ethanol a waste product ?? This process is used to make ethanol .. or may be is it related to Bio ?

:LOL: If you look back at it... it's BREAD MAKING we are talking about... NOT FERMENTATION :D And no, it ain't related to bio :)
In fermentation, the case is different. Here, CO2 is used while ethanol is just a by product :)

Reaction score
umm...yeah it can be ...i am a little confused here..

well yeah its not working as an oxidising Agent as its not applying to the property...neither is it reducing...its Si (non metal ) cannot be a Basic Oxide...so it leaves us with no option but C..:)

why cant it be oxidising agent?

Reaction score
can anyone tell why chemistry s_05_qp4 Q3 (c)(i) is chlorine and why is it not oxygen?

Attachments

• 5070_s05_qp_4.pdf
    160.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 5070_s05_ms_4.pdf
    63.7 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score

k
thank u :)

Reaction score
can anyone tell why chemistry s_05_qp4 Q3 (c)(i) is chlorine and why is it not oxygen?

REMEMBER OH ION WILL ONLY DISCHARGE WHEN ELECTROLYTE IS DILUTE AND ELECTRODES ARE INERT. MOREOVER WHEN DILUTE IS NOT MENTIONED YOU WOULD TAKE IT AS CONCENTRATED,SO CHLORINE WILL BE DISCHARGED!!;)

Reaction score
And if they don't... it's supposed to be considered DILUTE... not concentrated :-/

well probably if they dont...then the question in not going to have such difficult discharging equations....:D
like there is none in the pps...:D