• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
"Making Sulphur trioxide from making Sulphur dioxide and oxygen"

This is from Contact process, in manufacturing of Sulphuric acid. The catalyst used here is Vanadium(IV)Oxide

Reaction score
For Chemistry ATP, what should i prepare in the chapter Bonding?
I have just today to prepare for it so please don't say everything.
Also, I know there is no syllabus for ATPs but I would be really thankful if anyone could tell me what I should prepare or not prepare in the Chemistry syllabus for the ATP. I mean what could I leave out. And what are the topics I should concentrate on?

THANK YOU.

Reaction score
RuckingFetard03 said:
For Chemistry ATP, what should i prepare in the chapter Bonding?
I have just today to prepare for it so please don't say everything.
Also, I know there is no syllabus for ATPs but I would be really thankful if anyone could tell me what I should prepare or not prepare in the Chemistry syllabus for the ATP. I mean what could I leave out. And what are the topics I should concentrate on?

THANK YOU.
ATP consist of
1) Moles.
2) Titration.
3)Identifications of Ions.
Others are 1 marks questions from different topics related to experiments.

Reaction score
We haven't done ANY of these chapters yet. -__-'

Don't say that we can't get ATP then cuz we ARE getting it anyway.

Reaction score
yes ... you should know about :

-identification of apparatus
-removing errors
-experimental techniques.

till where have you done?

Reaction score
Good than Redox can also come like for e.g:
They can ask about the oxidising agent or reducing agents! (Colour change)

Reaction score
then for you,the foloowing can come:

Measurements and Experimental Techniques
Purification and Seperation
Enerygy Changes
Speed of reaction
redox

Reaction score
This is in response to Salman's ( Sept 11) question . I know it is bit late in the day but others who are visiting this forum may have the same doubt so I thought of sharing this with you . All the quantities mentioned has connection with electric current. The concept of electric current becomes easy to answer if we compare it with the flow of water. Just as water particles flow in a stream the charges flow to give rise to electric current. If we imagine the charges to be particles then the number of charges (Particles) flowing per second is the measure of current. Now to make the charges flow we need some force/energy which will push it through a conductor. In case of water particles a difference in pressure can do that. If we place water at a height then water can flow to a lower level. The difference in height gives rise to pressure difference. In case of electricity it is the potential difference( similar to pressure difference) that pushes the charges. What gives rise to this potential difference? It is the electromotive force( e.m.f) . From where does this e.m.f arise ? In case of chemical cells the chemical reaction inside the cell causes this potential difference. Due to chemical reaction charges accumulate on the electrodes. The electrode where positive charges accumulate have higher potential ( similar to pressure at greater height) whereas the one with negative charge has lower potential . This creates the potential difference which pushes the charges in the conductor.

Incidentally , I also teach IGCSE, O level students. You can see my profile at http://www.wiziq.com/KajalSenguptaPhysics.

Happy studying Physics :)

Reaction score
senguptaphysics said:
This is in response to Salman's ( Sept 11) question . I know it is bit late in the day but others who are visiting this forum may have the same doubt so I thought of sharing this with you . All the quantities mentioned has connection with electric current. The concept of electric current becomes easy to answer if we compare it with the flow of water. Just as water particles flow in a stream the charges flow to give rise to electric current. If we imagine the charges to be particles then the number of charges (Particles) flowing per second is the measure of current. Now to make the charges flow we need some force/energy which will push it through a conductor. In case of water particles a difference in pressure can do that. If we place water at a height then water can flow to a lower level. The difference in height gives rise to pressure difference. In case of electricity it is the potential difference( similar to pressure difference) that pushes the charges. What gives rise to this potential difference? It is the electromotive force( e.m.f) . From where does this e.m.f arise ? In case of chemical cells the chemical reaction inside the cell causes this potential difference. Due to chemical reaction charges accumulate on the electrodes. The electrode where positive charges accumulate have higher potential ( similar to pressure at greater height) whereas the one with negative charge has lower potential . This creates the potential difference which pushes the charges in the conductor.

Incidentally , I also teach IGCSE, O level students. You can see my profile at http://www.wiziq.com/KajalSenguptaPhysics.

Happy studying Physics :)

Have to say, thats a nice analogy!

Reaction score
Biology ATP syllabus?

Do we have to learn functions of nutrients too?

Any help related to Bio ATP would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Biology paper 6 tips
in paper 6 u dont need to study alot compared to paper 3
i suggest u to know the drawing and identify most diagram (eg. xylem, pholum, blood vessel, )
the most hardest diagram is about the vertibrate for me (eg, insecta, myriapod, ..... )
u should also know the test for starch, fat, protein, reducing sugar !!!!! (if u need them post it here)
Starch:
Iodine, observe a colour change from brown to blue-black.

Reducing Sugars:
Cut or grind off a small sample and add it to water to attempt to dissolve it. Then add Benedict's solution and heat using a waterbath. Observe a colour change from blue to brick-red.

Protein:
Cut or grind off a small sample and add it to water to attempt to dissolve it. Add potassium hydroxide and copper sulphate. Observe a colour change from blue to purple.

Fat:
Cut or grind off a small portion. Place in a test tube of ethanol and shake. Add the liquid part of this mixture to a test tube containing water. Observe a cloudy emulsifying change.

magnification formula : magnification=image/actual.

every thing else is about ur concept of the course
and dont forget to learn about the effect, use, and where its produce of auxin

hope that helped

Reaction score
Some Notes of Mine For Chemistry and Physics ATP

Attachments

• Moles.doc
    231.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Notes To Study For Chemistry Paper 6.docx
    16.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Notes To Study For Physics Paper 6.docx
    13.6 KB · Views: 19