• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Btw doesnt the mark scheme says the final answer is 4.2 x 10^5
the text below is copied from the Ms
It has A big OR after every correct answer!! :D
No offence meant btw

(E/Q =) mc∆T in any algebraic or numerical form e.g. 4200 × 16, 2100 × 5
67 200 or 10 500 or 77 700 seen or (E/Q =) ml or mL algebraic seen
4.2 × 105 J

Reaction score
the text below is copied from the Ms
It has A big OR after every correct answer!! :D
No offence meant btw

(E/Q =) mc∆T in any algebraic or numerical form e.g. 4200 × 16, 2100 × 5
67 200 or 10 500 or 77 700 seen or (E/Q =) ml or mL algebraic seen
4.2 × 105 J
But they give the third mark (A1) only if u have mentioned 4.2 x 10^5
Only two marks will be awarded if any of the three or's are mentioned
Thts wht i think :p

Reaction score
Look guys. I don't think it would be a pain in the gut if you write:

77700 (which you have already obtained) and add the 3.4 * 10^5 from the latent heat of vaporization to get 4.2 * 10^5

Now quit it!

Reaction score
Look guys. I don't think it would be a pain in the gut if you write:

77700 (which you have already obtained) and add the 3.4 * 10^5 from the latent heat of vaporization to get 4.2 * 10^5

Now quit it!
Thnx for telling the solution after the 77700 part ! I was stuck thre !

Reaction score
Can anybody please tell me about these ?
Q22...
it'll be at X because he cant "sense" the prick but he can process it (hence spinal area is not anasthasised) and he can move it too... (motor neurone is working)

Reaction score
Q22...
it'll be at X because he cant "sense" the prick but he can process it (hence spinal area is not anasthasised) and he can move it too... (motor neurone is working)
If he cant sense it den how is a nerve impulse created ? And transmitted ?

Reaction score
If he cant sense it den how is a nerve impulse created ? And transmitted ?
m not sure abt dis... but ithink its dat the impulse is generated but stopped...
m not sure sorry.... wats the answer in da mark scheme btw?

can neone explain?

Reaction score
Q22...

No it will be at Z because the sensory neurons give the message of stimulus to the brain which brings about the feeling of pain therefor the block is at Z and the message is transferred from X to Y

Reaction score
m not sure abt dis... but ithink its dat the impulse is generated but stopped...
m not sure sorry.... wats the answer in da mark scheme btw?

can neone explain?
No it will be at Z because the sensory neurons give the message of stimulus to the brain which brings about the feeling of pain therefor the block is at Z and the message is transferred from X to Y
The block is at Z in the mark scheme !!

Reaction score
u mean like a reflex arc? but then he should feel it ryt? :confused:
No, The leg moved due to the pinprick because it was a reflex action to the stimulus generated by the sensory neurons, the feeling of pain generated by the brain could not take place because it was blocked. had the block been on X the person would neither have felt the pain nor moved the leg because the message could not have passed through the sensory neurons in the first place.

Reaction score
No, The leg moved due to the pinprick because it was a reflex action to the stimulus generated by the sensory neurons, the feeling of pain generated by the brain could not take place because it was blocked. had the block been on X the person would neither have felt the pain nor moved the leg because the message could not have passed through the sensory neurons in the first place.
ahan thanks for the explanation :) i got it now :D
i WAS wondering abt the transmittance :p

Reaction score
Okay i get it thankyou !!
And mcq no 18 ?