• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
(a) Every minute, water with kinetic energy 14 000 J emerges from the pipe. The water turns a
turbine that is connected to the generator.
Half of the kinetic energy of the water is given to the generator.
(i) Calculate the power input to the generator.

sorry to disturb for a basic question but i was not getting the right answer :(
i was getting 116 w something while the ms states its 120 w...please help..:( (y)
Same here i also got 117

Reaction score
i think you will have to make just the seed because when its germinating the seed coat is removed

and the marking scheme states
2 (a) (i) Drawing:
1. at least 6 cm, clear and clean ;
2. accurate shape of embryo ;
Labels: radicle ;
plumule
stem or root origin correctly identified ;
Was asking dat when measuring the specimen length would we just measure the small thingy inside or the whole seed

Reaction score
Was asking dat when measuring the specimen length would we just measure the small thingy inside or the whole seed

well ..i would make the complete one but make the plumule, radicle etc a little more prompt...:D

Reaction score
Look they have mentioned t make the embryo ..i was asking dat when u measure then wuld u measure the whole seed of the given diagram or jst the embryo inside ?

i dont know...i am not sure..i think i would make the complete ...:s

Reaction score
i dont know...i am not sure..i think i would make the complete ...:s

do u have to calculate the magnification in the question u are talking abt then yeah u have to take the embryos measurement and then calculate btw show me the question i might be able to help u !

Reaction score
do u have to calculate the magnification in the question u are talking abt then yeah u have to take the embryos measurement and then calculate btw show me the question i might be able to help u !
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...nal O Level/Biology (5090)/5090_w10_qp_62.pdf
Here is the question.
I just want to know that When making the drawing i just made the small thingy inside because they just said dat make the things which grow to become plumule and radicle and then i measured my length but when measuring the specimens length given to us would i measuere the whole seed or the small thingy ?

asd

Reaction score
Make the whole seed with clear drawing of plumule and radicle. Measure the whole of the seed you have drawn, and also the specimen.
Divide the length of your drawing by the specimen's * 0.75 to get the magnification. I guess.

Reaction score
Make the whole seed with clear drawing of plumule and radicle. Measure the whole of the seed you have drawn, and also the specimen.
Divide the length of your drawing by the specimen's * 0.75 to get the magnification. I guess.
Okay thankyou !!