• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

asd

Reaction score
is light one of the condition for seed to germinate?
No, but after germination it is essential ! Here, seeds that germinated in dark, the new shoots had no light and therefore most of them would develop pale green leaves (less light-green light reflected less-pale green colour).

Reaction score
No, but after germination it is essential ! Here, seeds that germinated in dark, the new shoots had no light and therefore most of them would develop pale green leaves (less light-green light reflected less-pale green colour).
i still not understand... less light will develop a more green leaf? just like the one in our atp?

asd

Reaction score
i still not understand... less light will develop a more green leaf? just like the one in our atp?
NOOO, less light will result in less green leaves! In our atp, it was a specific type of leaf. In general, leaves need light to be green.

Reaction score
NOOO, less light will result in less green leaves! In our atp, it was a specific type of leaf. In general, leaves need light to be green.
erm..... still quite confusing... so the answer is? i try to figure it out....

Reaction score

less light will cause more Chlorophyll to be produced...(more chloroplast)
and chlorophyll has what colour??? GREEN!!!
so which plant will be more green? the one with more chloroplasts (in the shade) or the one with less (light)

Reaction score
Yea, but as ashiqbal said, why would zinc in powdered form not affect the rate?
That's due to the concentration, sadly we don't even have any comments on this in examiner report, Can you guys wait? I'll ask my teacher.

Reaction score
less light will cause more Chlorophyll to be produced...(more chloroplast)
and chlorophyll has what colour??? GREEN!!!
so which plant will be more green? the one with more chloroplasts (in the shade) or the one with less (light)
but asd said leaves expose to less light result light green leaf.... and now u said leaves expose to less light have darker colour.... omg... more confused... :confused:

Reaction score
6 A student added 10.0 cm3
of 0.100 mol/dm3
hydrochloric acid to an excess of zinc. The
volume of hydrogen produced was recorded at intervals until no more gas was produced.
This was experiment P.
The experiment was repeated with a different acid solution, again using an excess of zinc.
This was experiment Q.
The graphs of the two experiments are shown on the grid below.
volume of
hydrogen
/ cm3
time/ s
P
Q
Which acid solution would give the graph for experiment Q?
(a) 10 cm3
of 0.050 mol/dm3
hydrochloric acid
(b) 10 cm3
of 0.200 mol/dm3
hydrochloric acid
(c) 20 cm3
of 0.100 mol/dm3
hydrochloric acid
(d) 20 cm3
of 0.200 mol/dm3
hydrochloric acid

i cannot find anything about powder form in this question? :confused:

asd

Reaction score
but asd said leaves expose to less light result light green leaf.... and now u said leaves expose to less light have darker colour.... omg... more confused... :confused:
Spidey21 The question in our atp was related to a specific type of leaves, so light had different effects on it. If i'm not wrong...