• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
it increases the rate maybe because it increases the movement of molecules.
Correct me if i'm wrong
its boiled and cooled and then placed in distilled water
so...how does it effect??

Reaction score
thats my answer too but e.r says its 0.3 mol :confused:
oh my bad!
the y axis says PERCENT change in length....0.3mol is the point where it graph cuts the x axis(ie. the point where theres no change in length) so the conc of cell nd solution is the sameat dis point

Reaction score
thats my answer too but e.r says its 0.3 mol :confused:

It will be 0.3 mol as the percentage change in length of the potato at that time is ZERO according to the graph's corresponding value. That means the water potential in the potato and outside the potato is equal so no water is moving in or out of the potato, hence the potato will not increase or decrease in mass. This one was a little confusing but hope you got the concept :)

Reaction score
What are nitrifying and de-nitrifying bacteria????? Plz help needed...
- nitrifying bacteria convert ammonium ions first into nitrites then into nitrates
- denitrifying bacteria breaks down the nitrogen turning it back into N2 gas.

Reaction score
Boiling will damage the membrane proteins, so they are no longer partially permeable. The unboiled tissue will allow osmosis, so the distilled water will enter, swelling the cells.
copied nd pasted the examiner's report, huh?
:whistle:

Reaction score
Guys need help is it necessary to do yearly past papers ....
P.S i have done all topical 1998-09 ......