• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Guys need help is it necessary to do yearly past papers ....
P.S i have done all topical 1998-09 ......

No its not necessary to do the yearly past papers if you have already done all the topicals, they are both the same but just arranged in different order :)

Reaction score
No its not necessary to do the yearly past papers if you have already done all the topicals, they are both the same but just arranged in different order :)

well i suggest doing the yearlies cuz then you have a better practice as to how the paper will come..;)

NIM

Reaction score
guys what is the difference between variant 1, 2 and 3... :p
i am so confused abut these variants ...:confused:
so guys plz help....;)

NIM

Reaction score
Guys need help is it necessary to do yearly past papers ....
P.S i have done all topical 1998-09 ......
no, not really!!!
just go through 2008 to 2011 past year papers, so u may know the pattern and kind of questions which might come in exam...:p

NIM

Reaction score
guys can some1 answer these questions....:rolleyes:
1) Enzymes extracted from bacteria are used in biological washing powders.
Describe how bacteria are used to produce enzymes for biological washing powders.:unsure:
2) Food and blood stains on clothes may contain protein and fats.
Explain how enzymes in biological washing powders act to remove food and blood stains from clothes.:censored:
3) When blood clots, an enzyme is activated to change a protein from one form into another.
Describe the process of blood clothing.:sneaky:
Guys plz do reply what ever answer u know from the above question....:cry:
every help will be appreciated...(y)

Reaction score
Describe how bacteria are used to produce enzymes for biological washing powders.:unsure:
Explain how enzymes in biological washing powders act to remove food and blood stains from clothes.:censored:
3) When blood clots, an enzyme is activated to change a protein from one form into another.
2) enzyme breaks down insolube protein and fat into smaller and solube amino acids and fatty acids thus removing stains
3) platelets supply thrombokinase which converts prothrombin to thrombin which activates fibrinogen to fibrin. This forms a mesh which traps blood cells and becomes a clot preventing the entry of bacteria. the clot dries and hardens to form a scab, which covers the wound until the skin beneath has repaired.

Reactions: NIM
Reaction score

well, for the 1st question i guess enzyme is obtained from bacteria in da same way as insulin is obtained

Bacteria such as fungi or algea are inserted in fermenter and feedstock such as glucose , amino acid , sucrose are inserted to be a source of food for them , then they r left for a time for the bacteria to reproduce more and to produce more enzymes in their cells , Then if the enzymes are extracellular they are extrected directly from the filterate , if they are intercellular they are seperated from the feedstock and crushed to be seprated with any solvent such as water
(do correct me if m wrong)

Reaction score
well, for the 1st question i guess enzyme is obtained from bacteria in da same way as insulin is obtained

Bacteria such as fungi or algea are inserted in fermenter and feedstock such as glucose , amino acid , sucrose are inserted to be a source of food for them , then they r left for a time for the bacteria to reproduce more and to produce more enzymes in their cells , Then if the enzymes are extracellular they are extrected directly from the filterate , if they are intercellular they are seperated from the feedstock and crushed to be seprated with any solvent such as water
WHAT ??

Reaction score

:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
guys what is the difference between variant 1, 2 and 3... :p
i am so confused abut these variants ...:confused:
so guys plz help....;)
variants are the papers in different zones like our zone (Pakistan) gets the variant 2...:D