• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
yup its correct i did this paper today and selected D AS THE answer too, i dont think anything special is there u just need to ponder like mad here and see the extensions how they are affected with one spring :D

i have got so far that for one spring, the extension will be 2x, but cant understand why the same load can produce an extension of 4x in two springs?

Reaction score
i have got so far that for one spring, the extension will be 2x, but cant understand why the same load can produce an extension of 4x in two springs?
Because of one spring gives 2x thn two springs would give 4x because we add up values in series !

asd

Reaction score
dunno, maybe due to short circuiting between live and earth wire?
Make your point clear first, You're saying that There will be short circuit because insulation will melt and earth wire and live wire will interact to cause a fire. And then you mention that there will be alarge current to melt the insulation, where did that large current come from?

Reaction score
Make your point clear first, You're saying that There will be short circuit because insulation will melt and earth wire and live wire will interact to cause a fire. And then you mention that there will be alarge current to melt the insulation, where did that large current come from?
i am saying that as the earth wire and live wire are connected at the same point, so a large current will flow through them.
Anyway forget this arguement, where i know i am wrong and please if someone could explain the mechanics, please do that why the case becomes live?

Reaction score

Which ques is this ??

Reaction score
i am saying that as the earth wire and live wire are connected at the same point, so a large current will flow through them.
Anyway forget this arguement, where i know i am wrong and please if someone could explain the mechanics, please do that why the case becomes live?
Case becomes live in the case when there is no earthing of the appliance and if the metal case becomes live and it touches the case if its nt screwed on properly so the large current will not go to earth , instead it will be flow thru the appliance and shock may occur to the user !

Reaction score

If u guys are talking abt that vaccuum cleaner wala MCQ in J09 then answer is B there :D
The case becomes live `

Reaction score
1 kg water in a 500g glass beaker is at room temperature ie; 25degreeC. what should be the mass of water at 65degreeC, which is added to beaker to bring its temperature to 40degreeC (c for beaker = 5615J/kg K-1 , c for water = 4200 J/kg K-1 ) ???

Reaction score
1 kg water in a 500g glass beaker is at room temperature ie; 25degreeC. what should be the mass of water at 65degreeC, which is added to beaker to bring its temperature to 40degreeC (c for beaker = 5615J/kg K-1 , c for water = 4200 J/kg K-1 ) ???
explain plz ..

Reaction score
Case becomes live in the case when there is no earthing of the appliance and if the metal case becomes live and it touches the case if its nt screwed on properly so the large current will not go to earth , instead it will be flow thru the appliance and shock may occur to the user !
Ohk!! got it now! thank you very much!!!