• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
The answer is B because there is centripetal force acting towards the centre.
A cant be the answer because P keeps on moving which causes change in velocity and hence acceleration.C and D r not possible :p
I also agree with ur answer my choice was also B .... But, examiner report says D is the answer and 70% opted the wrong answer B...

Reaction score
yES,The answer for this is D.I thought u were asking for the answer of 3.This is because,the frictional force acts in direction of driving force,this causes the tyres to move forward.
But in majority of the question it is written frictional force is opposite to the direction of motion....

Reaction score
But in majority of the question it is written frictional force is opposite to the direction of motion....
Now see,the car is moving in which direction?Forward right?And the tyres-they have to move in the opposite direction of the driving forcr right?That is backwards.Now frictional force will act opposite to the direction of tyres and hence it will move forward.Get it or not?