• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
how are u guys preparing for P2??? i am really tensed:eek::confused:!! My average score is 67-68, what can i do to make sure i dont lose that 7-8 marks???please help!

Reaction score
how are u guys preparing for P2??? i am really tensed:eek::confused:!! My average score is 67-68, what can i do to make sure i dont lose that 7-8 marks???please help!
Go through the book and notes thoroughly and try to learn definitions and practice pastpapers.

Reaction score
SAME here,
The only phrase that the examiner report has from past few years is to read the question carefully!
I'm sure if you do it, the margin would decrease to 3-4 marks only

Reaction score
This is the diagram to SHOW the critical angle! Not on how to measure it!
then u wan draw a block then draw out the incident and refracted ray? then use sin i/sin r to find refractive index... then only use sin critical angle =1/refractive index? i think like that too long...
and that is describe an experiment? describe a student use a semi-circle glass block... move the ray until the refracted ray is 90 degree... cannot?:(

Reaction score

place semi circular glass/ perspex block, then draw around it with pencil( so that it can be restored if moved)
then place two pins P1, P2 in straight line with the flat part of the semicircular glass block.
view from different angles until the two pins appear as one, then place another pin P3 from behind the circular part of the block so that the three pins appear as one. place another pin P4 behind it for accuracy.
draw line from P3 and P4 to flat part of block. draw normal at point where it touches block. measure angle from normal of line P3,P4 to get critical angle!bunsen.JPG

Reaction score
place semi circular glass/ perspex block, then draw around it with pencil( so that it can be restored if moved)
then place two pins P1, P2 in straight line with the flat part of the semicircular glass block.
view from different angles until the two pins appear as one, then place another pin P3 from behind the circular part of the block so that the three pins appear as one. place another pin P4 behind it for accuracy.
draw line from P3 and P4 to flat part of block. draw normal at point where it touches block. measure angle from normal of line P3,P4 to get critical angle!View attachment 10673
woah! so detail! thanks! (y)

Reaction score
draw line from P3 and P4 to flat part of block. draw normal at point where it touches block. measure angle from normal of line P3,P4 to get critical angle!View attachment 10673
Thanks, seems reasonable!