• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Its A. but why?
oh yeah we had to consider the conventional current -_-

it should be A cuz diodes make sure that the current passes in the right direction and if it is placed on the negative line (b) then the current would stop making it a reverse biased junction....LOL
not sure of this :unsure:

Reaction score
erm didn't get you.
well it was just a try.... i thought of something... ok take it in a way like the movement of ions are in electrolysis... the diode is taking the elecrtons from the positive side (as electricity passes from +ve side to -ve side) to the battery from where the ellectrons go to the negative and the current is flowed... I dnt think i em ryt but i wanted to give a try/../....

asd

Reaction score
Its A. but why?
In A the current can flow as long as the battery connections are reversed. You see the Pointed part of the diode indicates the direction where it allows the current to flow. So if you reverse the connections to the battery, the current will not flow, because then the pointed part of the diode will be opposing the current flow!

Reaction score
In A the current can flow as long as the battery connections are reversed. You see the Pointed part of the diode indicates the direction where it allows the current to flow. So if you reverse the connections to the battery, the current will not flow, because then the pointed part of the diode will be opposing the current flow!

well it was just a try.... i thought of something... ok take it in a way like the movement of ions are in electrolysis... the diode is taking the elecrtons from the positive side (as electricity passes from +ve side to -ve side) to the battery from where the ellectrons go to the negative and the current is flowed... I dnt think i em ryt but i wanted to give a try/../....

Thanks alot guys!

Reaction score
wv2j.jpg

Why is the friction force acting towards D instead of B??

asd

Reaction score
Well all other options seem idiotic, i go with B, because more surface area, more electrical field, and therefore more deflection.
Decreasing the distance will DECREASE the deflection, since the spot will be on the screen even when it hasn't deflected fully.
Increasing the potential b/w cathode and anode has no relation to the deflection. Only the potential provided to the plates matters here.
Increasing the separation will make the electric field weaker! so LESS deflection.