• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
roll your pen on the floor and see its movement, although it would move forward it would be rotating in the opposite direction! that's why.

Best Example ever! Thanks alot .. got it .. so if its the tire itself the friction would be in the side where the car is accelerating!

Reaction score
Reaction score
wveu.jpg

I would go with A .. cuz of microwave oven .. is it correct? but what would be the logical approach?
i also think its A .

Reaction score
Physics question:
okay i think this is simple but am kinda confused::cry:

3bii.) - i don't get why to calculate the time only the vertical distance is considered
3biii.) - why do we use the horizontal velocity to calculate the speed.....and the time is the same as the journey of the ball before colliding with the wall??:confused:

Question paper: http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...nd AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w11_qp_21.pdf
Marking scheme:http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...nd AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w11_ms_21.pdf

please help urgently:( thanx so much.....May God bless you

Reaction score
wv2j.jpg

Why is the friction force acting towards D instead of B??
remeber friction opposes direction of SLIDING on surface its sliding anticlockwise so d is the answer... remember the word sliding thats what my teacher told me

Reaction score
Don't we have to use fleming's left hand rule for finding the direction ?? :O
Not in this case its simple if dot thn current is going into the page so so direction of right hand thimb goes down and curl of fingers tell the direction of magnetic field M

asd

Reaction score
plz also explain how we can use left hand rule here in q33.
U have to use right hand rule to work out the direction of magnetic field of each wire. Always remember parallel wires carryin current in opposite direction always repel each other because their magnetic fields are opposite.

Reaction score
Physics question:
okay i think this is simple but am kinda confused::cry:
3bii.) - i don't get why to calculate the time only the vertical distance is considered
3biii.) - why do we use the horizontal velocity to calculate the speed.....and the time is the same as the journey of the ball before colliding with the wall??:confused:
please help urgently:( thanx so much.....May God bless you
Sorry:/ meant to post it in an a' level thread:)