• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
plxxx tell me know me the conditions for hydrogenation,hydration(alcohol formation),cracking, acid making and esterification??i mean the temperature, pressure,catalysts??????????????????pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Reaction score
what is difference b\w condensation and addition polymers?
In addition polymer 2 same monomer units join together to form polymer only and nothing additional is formed like C2H4 will form polyethene.
in condensation 2 different monomers join and they form the polymer and a water molecule, like polyesters and polyamides.

Reaction score
The mass of one mole of a chloride formed by a metal Y is 74.5 g.​
What is the formula of the chloride?​
A Y3Cl B Y2Cl C YCl D YCl 2​

Reaction score
plxxx tell me know me the conditions for hydrogenation,hydration(alcohol formation),cracking, acid making and esterification??i mean the temperature, pressure,catalysts??????????????????pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

hydrogenation needs 180c and nickel
hydration needs 300c and phosphoric acid
cracking needs al203 and high temperature(different temp for different products) or porcelean chips or ceramics...
acid making needs alcohol and potassium dichromate or any other oxidizing agent.
esterification needs conc h2s04

Reaction score
The mass of one mole of a chloride formed by a metal Y is 74.5 g.​
What is the formula of the chloride?​
A Y3Cl B Y2Cl C YCl D YCl 2​
C its potassium chloride becasue since one mole has mass in decimals it means there is only 1 atom of Cl which is 35.5 u subtract that ... 74.5- 35.5 = 39 which is Potassium which has valency of +1