• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

asd

Reaction score
option A right ans

option D is wrong because sometime carbons of diamon make a new diamond by reacting with other element like Na (google it with yellow diamond )

thats wat ithink might any body else have better explanation !!
I thought in graphite not only covalent compounds are involved but Van der Waals forces between the layers are also there. So D is therefore not possible.

Reaction score
hey can u explain it again....
graphite structure:
Carbon atoms are bonded to other carbon atoms. (i think its bonded with 3 other C atoms)
then 1 whole layer of such bnding is connected to the layer above it by WEEK VAN DER WAAL'S forces. these forces are responsible for the unique properties of graphite. means it is used as a lubricant b/c these WEEK forces allow the layers to slide over each other making it slippery. got it??

Reaction score
graphite structure:
Carbon atoms are bonded to other carbon atoms. (i think its bonded with 3 other C atoms)
then 1 whole layer of such bnding is connected to the layer above it by WEEK VAN DER WAAL'S forces. these forces are responsible for the unique properties of graphite. means it is used as a lubricant b/c these WEEK forces allow the layers to slide over each other making it slippery. got it??
It IS. Just that it also has van der waals
yes thankyou both (y)