• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
no it is not good the force applied due to engine is 3000N. from the equation F=ma, we get the resultant force and for the resultant force to be 2000 the engine force must be 3000 so that 3000-1000=2000N. and if the engine force would have been 1000 then the resultant force would be zero and the car would have moved with a constant speed and acceleration would not have been possible!!!

Thanxxx...at last I understood what my teacher had explained with ALIEN formulas but the answer matches!!!!
So it's perfect
Thankxx alot

Reaction score
Is t true that cell membrane allows water to pass through osmosis but not other substances by simple diffusion?

Reaction score
How are cell membranes and plasma membrane different?
they are the same!!!
Is t true that cell membrane allows water to pass through osmosis but not other substances by simple diffusion?
well water can enter by osmosis and other small substances can also enter in by diffusion!! but its true that for osmosis to take place there must be a cell membrane or any partially permeable membrane whereas diffusion can take place in the presence or absence of a cell membrane;)

Reaction score
papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Biology (5090)/5090_s03_qp_6.pdf
Can someone please tell me,,,, where am i supposed to get it's Marking scheme....? :S :|

Reaction score
Can anyone please help me with part e)????
Please name the structure as well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
t
papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Biology (5090)/5090_s03_qp_6.pdf
Can someone please tell me,,,, where am i supposed to get it's Marking scheme....? :S :|
there's no marking scheme for tht...but u can tally ur ans with the examiner's report....!

Reaction score
If the object were to stay in place then there would be no action to have a reaction to in the first place. :)
The third law applies given that an action has already taken place. Example if a ball is moved with 2N force, the friction force against it would be equal(2N) and opposite (stopping it) and the ball would eventually come to rest.
not necessary!! if the resultant force is zero the ball can still move but with constant speed!!