• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Yes of course!!!
lol....ok...
m not sure thou ...for first one i gues is tht the potato released some enzymes to digest tht sugar n tht dissolved in the solution in the potato...
for b)i) the potato may ve shrunken due to water leaving the potato into the conc solution due water potential being lower in outside solution....
b)ii) no chnge....

c) so tht diffusion n osmosis cld take place....

Reaction score
Can you explain me the ethanol emulsion test for both solids and liquids?
a few drops of oil is added to 2cm3 of ethanol in a test tube. then close the tube with ur thumb and shake it. u then add a few drops of water until u see a white emusion or tiny droplets of oil on the surface. for the solid u just need to crush them and do the same thing

Reaction score
no it is not good the force applied due to engine is 3000N. from the equation F=ma, we get the resultant force and for the resultant force to be 2000 the engine force must be 3000 so that 3000-1000=2000N. and if the engine force would have been 1000 then the resultant force would be zero and the car would have moved with a constant speed and acceleration would not have been possible!!!

Got it! Thanks.

Reaction score
not necessary!! if the resultant force is zero the ball can still move but with constant speed!!
I merely meant to explain the dynamics of third law of motion. What you said is correct but considering that there is not a constant external force applying on the ball (if you just pushed it) the opposing force would eventually overcome the initial force so the ball has to rest.

Reaction score
I merely meant to explain the dynamics of third law of motion. What you said is correct but considering that there is not a constant external force applying on the ball (if you just pushed it) the opposing force would eventually overcome the initial force so the ball has to rest.
well yes you mark a point!!;)