• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
what are the main things to study for Biology ATP O levels
For biology u cant predict the ATP syllabus like Chem ! :D
But what comes always is the magnification thing,the drawing of a diagram make sure u are good at this then !
those experiments in plant nutrition and transport will help,knowledge and differences between blood cells and vessels will help as well :D
then heridity should be known well ! Identification of cells and organs and tissues is also important,only those in the syllabus come :D
Mostly the questions are based on this but they are quite tricky and the pattern is not defined !!!

Reaction score
should we study about birth in olevel biology 2013 paper for reproduction in humans

Use the Biology syllabus if u dont have it get it from xtremepapers !
And for your questions direct answer i dont think so u have to study abt how birth occurs but please check the syllabus :D

Reaction score
ur wait is over! :p i need help with hooke's law....i knw dis is something very vague m saying, but i need everything u can tell me abt hooke's law! formulas etc...

Hookes law is basically a thing u wont encounter in O levels especially in theory but some MCQs come on it sometimes :D
basically Hookes law states that extension is directly proportional to the load hanged onto the thing extended !
F(load)= ke (where k is the proprtionality or spring or the load constant )
basically k is giving u the value of the stiffness of the spring

on a graph of F against extension only (not extension against force remember this ) the gradient is k :p , and the part on this graph which is represented by the straight line is the elastic region or the region till which the hookes law is obeyed or the proportionality region the deformation that brought abou this is called elastic deformation and is so because it still allows the wire or spring to return to its original length and the point at which the graph curves and is no more a straight line this is called the elastic or proportionality limit after this point the hookes law is not obeyed and the region is called plastic and the deformation described as plastic because it will no longer come back to its original length

Basically in o levels you will have many questions on this in MCQs based on the k thing where they give u a value of k and then tell to find the extension of the other wire which is a bit complex,make sure u check old questions :D

Reaction score
what are the main points to learn from waves and light for o levels....da main formulas?? the main key points etc!

the two types of waves, learn the things that describe waves,like amplitude,frequency ..... then yes its formulaes !
then refraction and reflection of waves by using light or sound waves ! (this ends up being a big topic PHEW)

basically if you think waves can come on their own then you wont find em they always have either sound or light to support them !

And i would say check the syllabus its the most authentic thing :D

Reaction score
HI , there i have a chem prob from past paper..can u plz explain its answer ....

Q)))Sodium hydroxide solution was added to dilute hydrochloric acid. The pH of the solution in the
flask was measured at intervals until no further change of pH took place.

What would be the pH change in this reaction?
A. decrease to 1
B. decrease to 7
C. increase to 7
D. increase to 12

Reaction score
22.)Caesium, Cs, is an element in Group I of the Periodic Table.
Which statements about Caesium are true?
1 Caesium conducts electricity both when solid and when molten.
2 Caesium reacts explosively with water.
3 Caesium reacts with water and forms a solution of pH < 7.
A.1 and 2 only
B.1 and 3 only
C.2 and 3 only
D.1, 2 and 3

Reaction score
Hey. Can anyone please give a authentic formula sheet of physics o level gce please? URGENT.

Reaction score
HI , there i have a chem prob from past paper..can u plz explain its answer ....

Q)))Sodium hydroxide solution was added to dilute hydrochloric acid. The pH of the solution in the
flask was measured at intervals until no further change of pH took place.

What would be the pH change in this reaction?
A. decrease to 1 the answer Is D
B. decrease to 7
C. increase to 7
D. increase to 12
the answer is D

Reaction score
I need notes or anything on Organic chemistry which must include Macromolecues, idk if they are related, i Just started these chapters! and they are really confusing, I'd also like to know like how to draw isomers and all that. thanks