• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Look in the books u study or the internet ill look the internet and ill soon post !

Reaction score
SHUBHAsnlnm said:
can you provide the images of the slides that come in the cie exams ie:
trachea
artery
vein
alveoli
root
stem
leaves
xerophytic leaves with trichomes
It depends ! I don't think there's some specific *website* or source where you can get them from ! There might be but all i can say is memorise/ keep in mind their identifying features e.g. artery's walls are thick and vein's one are thin !! That'll help you to identify the organs !! :)

Reaction score
i read in a book that aluminum will never be discharged. so why do we use electrolysis to extract aluminium
??

Reaction score
snowbrood said:
i read in a book that aluminum will never be discharged. so why do we use electrolysis to extract aluminium
??
Ur book has nt described it fully that wat iz the reason behind it.....!!!

Reaction score
another question ..
active yeast is placed in a test tube and connected by a delivery tube to a second test tube containing hydrogencarbonate indicator
the color of the indicator was red at the begining but after 15 min's it turns to yellow .. can anyone explain the reason for this change??

i know that hydrogencarbonate is red in neutral, purple in alkaline and yellow in acidic solution .. and yeast is a catalase
how does it change the color of the indicator to yellow?? :unknown:

i'll be glade if i got the answer :)
my regard :)

Reaction score
Hi everyone! i need sme help n want sme answers as soon as possible cuz my examss are 2morrow

How do we calculate magnification of a drawing and how do we calculate the total magnification of a drawing if the drawing is re-magnified?

Its Bio ATP

plz help!!!

Reaction score
To find magnification

magnification = length of image \ actaul length

To find length of image

length of image = magnification * actaul length

i hope this helps :)

Reaction score
lindalinoo said:
another question ..
active yeast is placed in a test tube and connected by a delivery tube to a second test tube containing hydrogencarbonate indicator
the color of the indicator was red at the begining but after 15 min's it turns to yellow .. can anyone explain the reason for this change??

i know that hydrogencarbonate is red in neutral, purple in alkaline and yellow in acidic solution .. and yeast is a catalase
how does it change the color of the indicator to yellow?? :unknown:

i'll be glade if i got the answer :)
my regard :)

Easyyyyy
u shud know that CO2 is acidic and in respiration of yeast it gives out CO2 so it will turn hydrogen carbonate yellow simple ! :D

Reaction score
Formation of water vapour from water

and reacting hydrogen and oxygen together.

Are these endothermic or exothermic reactions?

Reaction score
I think Exothermic Reation but I will surely conform it! Weak in Chem and physics due to accounts!

Reaction score
MY REPLY ! YE TOH ADHA HAI ! :eek: I typed and all the rest of bakwaas is nowhere ! God, AMAZING ! :p :x
Alright so water loses energy to surrounding and evaporates as water vapours. Exothermic then !

Reaction score
Water gains energy to turn into vapours! Doesn't it? So shouldn't it be endothermic?!

And I am a girl everyone! Everyone just assumes I am a guy!

Reaction score
Easyyyyy
u shud know that CO2 is acidic and in respiration of yeast it gives out CO2 so it will turn hydrogen carbonate yellow simple ! :D
oh thats what i wanted to make sureee .. thanks
what about if a plant were placed in a test tube containing hydrogen carbonate??
plant will release oxygyen isn't it .. so is oxygen also acidic??
what if plant + small animals such as snails were placed in the same tube?

Reaction score
Weell no oxygen is slightly basic so both co2 and oxygen in a container will neutralize each other.

Now for the reactions whether they are exotic or endorsement both reactions are exothermic if u want explanation just ask!

Reaction score
Chromatography is one of several separation techniques. Which of the following terms is closely related with chromatography in terms of working?

A. Differential staining
B. Centrifugation
C. Spectrophotometry
D. Electrophoresis