• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
come on suchal and saad i have 2 sleep now plz tell me the method

there is reaction in 2 tubes only.
if it displaces Na that it is higher more reactive that Na means it is more reactive than all metals in tubes. so there will be reaction in 4 not 2 tubes.
it it displaces Mg that there will be reaction in three tubes
if it displaces Zn then it will also displace Cu as it is lower in reactivity seires. so only I and IV are tubes. if there was any other tube than the reaction would have been in more than 2 tubes. hope u understand.

Reaction score
It is a neutral salt. It comes from Permaganese Acid HMnO4. It can be made alkaline/acidic by adding acid/alkali.

alright. here is an equation mustafa sent me: KMnO4 + KOH --> K2MnO4 + H2O
what do u say now. it looks correct.

Reaction score
for the first one, the deposit will be formed when the strip will displace the ions present in the solution. this is done by a more reactive metal. so the least reactive metals (copper & zinc) will be deposited because they are most likely to be less reactive than metal x

Reaction score
for the next part it is zinc. its zinc because the last test tube contains cu ions so the metal has to be above copper in the reactivity series. so it's either aluminium zinc or calcium. but the second test tube contains N ions n the question says tht a deposit is formed on every piece of metal, so N has to be below magnesium in reactivity series, n that is zinc

Reaction score
for the next part it is zinc. its zinc because the last test tube contains cu ions so the metal has to be above copper in the reactivity series. so it's either aluminium zinc or calcium. but the second test tube contains N ions n the question says tht a deposit is formed on every piece of metal, so N has to be below magnesium in reactivity series, n that is zinc
But isnt aluminum also lower that Mg?