• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hey could anyone suggest which books are best for O level physics and chemistry? or if anyone could post useful, compiled and complete notes on them i would be grateful.
Physics : Explaining Physics, Physics Matters.
Chemistry: Chemistry Matters.

Reaction score
Hey could anyone suggest which books are best for O level physics and chemistry? or if anyone could post useful, compiled and complete notes on them i would be grateful.

although the books suggested above are great and better but these books are detailed and for now just 3 or even lesss months left i would say to get the Federal publishers chemistry and Physics books as they have the explanation and the concepts in a concise way,others might disagree but i would give u this advise for now :D

Reaction score
i studied these federal books believe me they are the worst books in this universe
specially the physics one its of no use

Reaction score
i studied these federal books believe me they are the worst books in this universe
specially the physics one its of no use

Um are u serious bro, if u have the pirated ones they look the worst yup but not the coloured version ones they have the info we need at this stage rather than the huge details in the other books ! Plus u look at the time that guy has who asked the ques if he is asking what books to use he never even started prep. so he needs a book which is not detailed and gets the concept easily ! :D

Reaction score
the green FEDERAL book by prescott is really good for chemistry....chemistry matter's good too.
and for physics,i'd suggest ''explaining physics'' by stephen pople

Reaction score
some please give me some good notes on germination, vegetative propogation and malaria for biology bcuz my teachre has not taught these topics good enough and my mocks are coming

Reaction score
and 1 more thing:

C2H5OH --> CH3COOH (in presense of oxygen etc etc) where did 2 of d H2 go???

Reaction score
not a q frm d pps...our sir was teaching this...i noticed their absence and asked but he refused to reply saying that it was out of the syllabus and thats all there is to this conversion...

Reaction score
not a q frm d pps...our sir was teaching this...i noticed their absence and asked but he refused to reply saying that it was out of the syllabus and thats all there is to this conversion...
U must be talking about ethanol converstion into Carboxlyic Acid.
It can be done by:
=> Reaction with Oxygen, or Oxidization agent

Reaction score
U must be talking about ethanol converstion into Carboxlyic Acid.
It can be done by:
=> Reaction with Oxygen, or Oxidization agent
yes yes i kno...bt 2 hydrogen get lost during the reaction...THATS my problem...and can u help me luk fer d ammonia one too?

Reaction score
and 1 more thing:

C2H5OH --> CH3COOH (in presense of oxygen etc etc) where did 2 of d H2 go???

I guess this is Oxidation of Ethanol to produce Ethanoic Acid. If so then this is the correct equation as specified in the 5070 2012 syllabus.

C2H5OH + Oxidizing Agent [ e.g pottasium dichromate (VI) ] ---> CH3COOH + H2O.

Reaction score
yes yes i kno...bt 2 hydrogen get lost during the reaction...THATS my problem...and can u help me luk fer d ammonia one too?
That is due to general formula:
Alcohols have general formula of CnH2n+1 OH
While Carboxoliyic has the formula CnH2n+COOH.
When we compare:
C2H5OH + O2 = CH3COOH + H2O

Reaction score
That is due to general formula:
Alcohols have general formula of CnH2n+1 OH
While Carboxoliyic has the formula CnH2n+COOH.
When we compare:
C2H5OH + O2 = CH3COOH + H2O
yes i got it frm MultiMaxima...however, sir din mention water AT ALL...
nyways, now only d oder 1 iz left

Reaction score
don't have the notes but have these

Attachments

• Important Short Questions of ATP.pdf
    80.1 KB · Views: 19